This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We can't tell them what now? Fair and square my-

I have no issues with their new pricing scheme, other than having to explain it time after time after time, and how there are no more coupons. I'm cool with them upping our associate discount.
    The problems I have have are with the new return policy. We already bent over backwards in returning things without tags or receipts, but this is a little excessive. No limits. The other day someone brought back a dress they'd had for five years.
    They could have stolen 100 plus in merchandise and they can still return it. To make matters worse, no LP in the store. Budget cuts. But the macys I used to work at has 24 hr security. Nice.
    We even have to return it if it was bought at another store (that, I'm not going to to. If I can tell its not ours, then i won't return it).
    On top of that, apparently we're not allowed to say that we're closed, when we close. Say what? I don't know if this is from on high, or a local managment idea, but it's just really stupid. Apparently we're just supposed to let them meander out after we lock the doors. Peachy.

Someone's relative is obviously in charge of making decisions in corporate. That's really the only reason I can think of for that kind of idiocy. :/

Comment

Congratulations, when corporate decides on a "no restrictions" return policy, you have now become the newest "free renta-center".

As a shopper, I love a store with a liberal return policy. But a no-restrictions policy? Since I wouldn't dream of taking back something that was used by me, years old, ruined by me, or not purchased there, guess who's gonna be paying higher prices to cover those who do?

Does no one on the corporate level have a brain? (That's a rhetorical question, of course, we all know the answer).

Madness takes it's toll....
      Please have exact change ready.

Comment

I'm sure you've seen the ads for our new "hassle free" returns. I'd like to hear how it is at other stores of my company, since my location is so away from everything. It's not uncommon for a department store here, or even a place like TRU, to do things differently from every other store in the company.

Comment

I didn't work there, but I like to shop at Wet Seal a lot, just for workout tanks and cute going-out slut clothes.

Anywho, they have a very strict return policy. They don't do returns for cash/credit. You can only exchange what you decide you don't want. And you have to initial the receipt along with the cashier that you understand that, and have the receipt to get an exchange. And, they keep track of how often you do it.

You can blame those scammer fashionistas who like to "borrow" clothes for a day/night and return them the next day constantly (to get their money back to do it again or for whatever) for policies like that.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Maybe the people who make the return policy rules at your work changed places with the ones at mine. Our rules are very strict now and it pisses off a lot of people. In some cases I just have to shrug and think "caveat emptor", but in other cases I think the customer has a good reason to want to return an item out of policy and they get denied. Sigh.
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

What's to stop you from ignoring their decisions? When you stop taking returns from other stores, are they suddenly going to notice because they're actually saving money instead of losing it? If a customer challenges you on this, can you say, "That is participating stores only and our store does not participate in it.."? Let them go to another location, have them lose money over time and have them close.

Comment

apparently we're not allowed to say that we're closed, when we close.
                "I'm sorry, we're not open."

I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth violiavampyr View Post
                  ...we're not allowed to say that we're closed, when we close.
                  Tell them that all your egresses are FREE!
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
                    "I'm sorry, we're not open."

Or "Yes, we are not open." in answer to "are you closed"? Bonus points if their head explodes.
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

They've rung the dinner bell for the scammers and the fraudies.

The only thing that would be dumber is spilling someone's blood at a shark convention.
                      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

You's fucked. You're going to get all the playas, all the trend-chasers, all the folks addicted to free retail therapy, and the not-quite masters of the lint brush.

My sympathies. But also my fury, because thanks to stores like yours people expect every store to have a return policy that lenient.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

And worst of all, now that one store has a lenient return policy, every SC will whine that every store should have one.

Bye bye bonus (for the workers, that is).
                          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Someone drank the Nordstrom kool-aid. You do not have Nordstrom's customers, and you are unlikely to get Nordstrom's customers, so this is stupid.
                            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                            HR believes the first person in the door
                            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                            Document everything
                            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Corporate needs to take a lesson from history. Once upon a time, there was a chain store that took back anything. Anything. Didn't matter if you bought it there. Didn't even matter if they didn't stock that type of item. They'd take it back. The very thought of their coming into town & opening a store struck fear in the hearts of retailers.

They were called Gold Circle. They were dismantled years ago. Some were turned into Ames or Hills. Those are gone now, too.

Just sayin'.
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X