This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guest's validation ticket would not work

This incident happened on Wednesday during the 2nd shift at the university where I & my co-worker work as contract Visitor parking attendants. My co-worker works the second shift.

He was working the 2nd shift when a guest, who had a validation ticket, pulled up to the exit gate. He was assisting a customer at the booth window at that time. He also did not know that the call box at the exit gate was not working. After he was done assisting the customer at the exit gate, he raised the gate arm at the booth & noticed the guest waiting at the exit gate. So he walked up to the exit gate to assist the guest. The guest told him that his validation ticket did not work & that he ended up paying for his parking. So my co-worker called the university parking office to explain what happened. He was told by the parking office employee who answered the phone to e-mail her what happened. He did that. When he got to work on Thursday, there was an e-mail from the Parking & Transportation Manager asking him 1) why did the guest pay for their parking & 2) why did he not just raise the gate for him. She also wanted him to call her. He did that, & she asked him what happened. He told her that 1) he was assisting a customer at the boot window at the time & 2) when he raised the gate arm for that customer, he noticed a car at the exit gate. He walked up to the exit gate to assist the customer, but when he got there, the customer had already paid for their parking.

This is what the Parking & Transportation Manager told him...
    • The guest complained about 1) their validation ticket not working, 2) the fact that the call box was not working, & 3) that they had to pay for their parking
    • She was "chewed out" by her direct supervisor for the complaint
    • To watch the exit gate for guests having problems *even when he is assisting a customer at the booth window*, & to walk up to the exit gate to assist the customer before letting the customer at the booth window into the garage
Working...
X