X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why my boss bought me coffee - my own brain burp

Loading trucks this morning

Me: we need to get gas for the air compressor. Remind me to stop at...that place we went to Tuesday
    New coworker: the gas station?
    Me: no, the other day. Wait, what did you call it?
    N c: the gas station?
    Me: oh, we should stop there, we need gas for the air compressor. What was I talking about?

Boss shakes head at me and leaves. 10 minutes later he returns with coffee and hands it to me.

Me: what's this for
    Boss: you forgot the words for gas station. Drink this whole thing before you drive the truck, okay?

I didn't help-I forgot to stop and get gas. Evaluations in a week, I'm sure that impressed him.

(In my defence I finished today with 87 hours for the week, we have been swamped)
    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
    (In my defence I finished today with 87 hours for the week, we have been swamped)
    Holy shit! For truck drivers, in Canada it's illegal (log violation - WE get punished) for us to work (driving and non-driving) more than 70 hours in a 7-day "rolling window". In the U.S., it's illegal for us to drive (non-driving work, such as unloading freight, is still legal) after 70 hours of work (driving and non-driving) in an 8-day "rolling window". You've done more than double a "standard" factory work week - hope you're getting overtime pay.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I don't have to keep a truck log, even though i have to hit the scales in some vehicles, and do the pre drive check. I either drive a pick up, with or without a trailer, or a ten tonne.

Working construction, we have load tools and materials for the day, and the drive to site is usually less then an hour, 2 1/2 for a REALLY far away site.

And yes, we get overtime! Time and a half over 40, double time and a half over 80. We have only got two jobs scheduled so far for next week, so should catch up on sleep then.
      Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Working...
      X