This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am VERY disappointed!!!

Just a few minute ago my co-worker was checking the voicemail box at [hospital site] and I was startled to hear the beginning of a very angry voicemail.

Angry Woman: I am VERY disappointed!! I called LAST WEEK and no one has returned my call!! I was a patient there for TWO WEEKS...." *coworker picked up the handset, cutting off the speakerphone*

CW: This woman again?!?! *angrily jots down a message*

I'm not entirely sure what this was about, but it seems that this isn't the first time this woman has called.

Just one problem.....

She's calling the WRONG NUMBER!!!!

(The copy center is internal only; we do not do any copy work for patients. If theyneed copies of their medical records, the medical records department takes care of that themselves for obvious privacy reasons.)
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Did anyone else hear the thread title in the voice of the Martian from the Bugs Bunny cartoons?

"I'm not angry.... Just terribly, terribly hurt........."
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

I was thinking of Zorg from 'The Fifth Element' before be blew up one of his henchmen.
      Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

I heard that in the Caillou narrator's voice.

Caillou was dissapointed he couldn't work a telephone.
        Caillou was dissapointed no one would talk to him.
        Caillou was dissapointed that he had to stay in the hospital for two weeks.

Caillou was very dissapointed.

Comment

We had voicemails like that from complete strangers....at HOME.

Once a woman left a message telling us to "stop calling her." She gave her name and phone number and said she lived in St. Louis, and she wanted us to leave her alone. One problem: We don't know anyone in St. Louis...never have. I even checked the phone bills (it was a landline). No calls to St. Louis. She must have dialed wrong, and I didn't bother calling back because I didn't want to pay long distance rates to tell some goofball that I hadn't been calling her.

Gotta love people who make angry calls without checking to make sure they're dialing the right place!
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

We get messages for other people left on our answering machine all the time..... despite the announcement clearly saying who we are (not just the phone number). I am honestly surprised they have the wherewithal to operate a phone at all....
            There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

K
              Quoth It's me View Post
              We get messages for other people left on our answering machine all the time..... despite the announcement clearly saying who we are (not just the phone number). I am honestly surprised they have the wherewithal to operate a phone at all....
              Or, in some cases, they simply keep hitting "redial" on the phone and it dials the last number called.

I swear that must have been what that woman was doing the night she kept calling the 2nd landline looking for "Betty." She kept calling right back - I lost count after 6 or 8 times (wouldn't even have time to sit back down before the damned phone would ring again!!! )

So the last time she called, I had already lost patience (and I don't have much to begin with and she'd not only been calling repeatedly that night but was calling periodically for several weeks prior to this)

I screamed into the receiver "BETTY IS NOT HERE!!!! SHE'S AT FRED'S HOUSE MAKING THE BED ROCK!!!"

I cut the phone off and never heard back from her again . . . .
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
                I was thinking of Zorg from 'The Fifth Element' before be blew up one of his henchmen.
                Thank god, it wasn't just me.
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
                  The quote in that scene is "I am a little disappointed."
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                  X