This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post

Secondly, Disney makes terrible sequels. What was the last Disney sequel you saw that wasn't a terribly written, plot-hole riddled mess?
    Avengers. (Which is sort of a sequel)
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
      Now now, I can't be the only one who thinks Disney will actually improve the Star Wars movies and stories.
      Not at all. I am hugely excited about this. And it isn't like Disney and Lucas haven't been working together for YEARS. Star Tours, Star Wars Weekend (maybe now they will be in Disneyland too)

Can't wait until the new movie
      Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

I'm optimistic. Disney has handled content for a similar target audience with the Marvel movies, which seems to satisfy fans and bring in new viewers. Lucas will be a "creative consultant", hopefully without the complete control he had with the prequels. I remember hearing that he was moderated a fair bit with the original trilogy.

Hey, worst case scenario is I just have to pretend the movies don't exist

Comment

Am I the only person on the internet that actually enjoyed portions of the Prequels? Although it would have been nice if Lucas had someone to say no to him. As for Disney owning Star Wars, I'll be cautiously optimistic.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
            Am I the only person on the internet that actually enjoyed portions of the Prequels?
            No, Revenge of the Sith was actually a fairly decent movie. At least compared to the other two.
            I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

https://twitter.com/DepressedDarth/s...947840/photo/1

Comment

One thing I keep pointing out is that Disney has a history of rereleasing it's back catalogue every so many years. We may finally get the original unaltered trilogy on dvd

Next disney made avengers, and they have not fiddled around with Marvel.
                Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                  Avengers. (Which is sort of a sequel)
                  Fair enough. If they get Joss Whedon to write the script for the new trilogy, I'm so in.
                  The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                    Fair enough. If they get Joss Whedon to write the script for the new trilogy, I'm so in.
                    THIS. ^^^^^^ So, THIS!!!!

In fact, let's just have Joss write and direct every movie based on anything from our collective childhoods from now on. We'd never be in danger of having our precious memories raped and murdered again!

Why, yes, I heart Joss, can you tell?
                    Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

To quote the Thai subtitles:

DO NOT WAAAAAAAAAAANT!

Seriously, the Phantom Mayonnaise got me off the Star Wars train. I didn't even bother watching the other two. And now someone else is going to try to continue milking the Star Wars udder...
                      The customer is always right, but this is a public house, and you are a guest.

Comment

I'm in "wait and see" mode. I'm inclined to believe that Disney has a better understanding (and possibly reverence) of what got them where they are, and because of that I'm hoping that there'll be a restoration of the original Star Wars movies, pre-Lucas re-editing.

I wonder if Dark Horse Comics will lose the Star Wars franchise and it'll go back to Marvel? How long before that happens?
                        "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. It seemed to work out well for Marvel. I agree with the wait-and-see approach. I'm willing to give it a shot.

Imma just gonna put this here, though:
                          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                            Thing is, George Lucas was in no way beholden to anybody when he wrote the scripts for the prequels.

I'm not happy about the takeover, either. All we can hope for now is for one brave rebel to fire a torpedo down the thermal exhaust port on Spaceship Earth at Epcot.

I hope I am.
                            Hey! Leave the EPCOT golfball alone!

Now, that mess in the old Journey into Imagination pavilion can be flattened with an AT-AT or two...

Comment

And now lucas has announced that he will donate over half of the money to education.
                              Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                              Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

This is something I have been discussing on another forum. Disney bought it because there is value in it to them. Not to change but to keep the story going (they saw how the fans reacted to every one of the changes Lucas made again and again and again)

After all the points were made, Greg over at real life comics hit how I feel about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X