X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
    Nerd Rage activating......

Secondly, Disney makes terrible sequels. What was the last Disney sequel you saw that wasn't a terribly written, plot-hole riddled mess?
    Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
    Fair enough. If they get Joss Whedon to write the script for the new trilogy, I'm so in.
    Heh that'd be awesome.

After all, as stated before, Avengers was kinda a sequel. One that had excellent writing.
    Last edited by PepperElf; 11-01-2012, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Like it or hate it, you've got to remember that Star Wars was created by George Lucas. BTW, I enjoyed the prequel trilogy, especially the Yoda fight scene in Ep. II.

However, on the topic of someone else doing the Star Wars sequels, just think of it this way. Gene Roddenberry had his hands all over Star Trek: The Motion Picture (arguably the worst Star Trek movie). He barely contributed (and was in fact quite upset by a few of the plot points) to Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan (arguably the best Star Trek movie).

Then again he had nothing to do with Star Trek V, or Star Trek X.

SC
      "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

I hope they adapt The Heir to the Empire trilogy for episodes 7-9..... oh and kill Jar Jar painfully in a pre-scroll scene.

out

Comment

Quoth Rodimal View Post
          I hope they adapt The Heir to the Empire trilogy for episodes 7-9.....
          You and pretty much every fan of the games/books that have Thrawn in them.

Comment

Then there are those of us who wish Star Wars would just completely disappear.
            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

As I've said elsewhere, I'll leave the outrage to the ones still raging about the "Han shot first" nonsense. I just don't care enough.
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                Episode 7 will star Zac Efron <snip> with Raven Symone as Tenel Ka.
                Zac has proven his chops. Raven wouldn't be a bad choice. Maybe we'll finally get a Mara Jade movie.

In defense of Disney, they did give us movies like Tron.

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
                  In defense of Disney, they did give us movies like Tron.
                  Contrariwise, they also gave us "Tron: Legacy," which, although slick-looking in all that 3D, was remarkably flat.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                    Contrariwise, they also gave us "Tron: Legacy," which, although slick-looking in all that 3D, was remarkably flat.
                    They so should have adapted the story from Tron 2.0

Comment

Oh no.

Oh fuck no.

Something needs to be done about this! And I mean now!

Maybe with Joss Whedon they could salvage things, but otherwise, no.
                      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
                        You and pretty much every fan of the games/books that have Thrawn in them.
                        except Lucas(now disney) doesn't own the rights for those characters, as Lucas didn't create them/had nothing to do with them.

Quoth Tama View Post
                        Maybe with Joss Whedon they could salvage things, but otherwise, no.
                        I seriously do not understand Joss Whedon worship.

1-the avengers had plot holes big enough to drive a mack truck through(some are discussed here)

2-When he was allowed to write a storyline for x-men he went against Stan Lee's express wishes right off the bat, not to mention destroying canon(Stan Lee decried Kitty Pryde age 14, and Colussus age 19, were never to have any involvement as it would be condoning statutory rape.)

3-He stormed off the set of the 1992 movie "Buffy the vampire slayer" because the studio said "you can't have a teenager commit arson, murder her innocent classmates and just walk away"(burning down the school in an unsuccessful attempt to kill the vampires)

4-wrote the god-awful Alien:ressurection(and decided redesigned aliens were necessary, rather than go with, again, established canon-and H.R. Geiger was stripped of credit to feed Joss' ego),seriously read his "vision" of the human-xenomorph hybrid which had nothing similar to either species, and was upset that alien resurection wasn't "filmed as he wrote it" apparently he wrote it as a comedy.

5-wrote the flops "atlantis" and "Titan A.E."
                        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I just thought of something tonight as I was looking for a DVD to watch......

What happens now with Family Guy and the "relationship" they had with Star Wars/Lucus. IE. Blue Harvest, Its A Trap

I guess now we will never get the prequeals.
                          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Think of it this way... there's no possible way it could be worse than the prequels, and Disney has been doing pretty good for the last ten years or so with movies.

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
                              there's no possible way it could be worse than the prequels
                              DON'T SAY THAT!

No matter how good Disney might be with producing good movies, they can still produce some major league dreck.
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                              X