• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Creep Backlash LOL

Here's the article.

It was based on this cartoon.
    Attached Files
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

I've got that pic saved in my computer. I love it.

They've started playing Christmas music on the radio here on NOV. FIRST.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I get sad when they start playing x-mas music so early. I war born November 29th, so when everyone is already gearing up for Christmas before we've even gotten to Thanksgiving, I feel like I and the rest of the November babies have been forgotten by society. :/
      My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
      It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

I've just been reminded to pick up Loaded Santa's Twitter stream again. Thanks.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
          I get sad when they start playing x-mas music so early. I war born November 29th, so when everyone is already gearing up for Christmas before we've even gotten to Thanksgiving, I feel like I and the rest of the November babies have been forgotten by society. :/
          Bad: Stores in the U.S. gearing up for Christmas before Thanksgiving
          Worse: Stores in Canada doing the same thing
          WTF were they thinking: Australian stores jump on the bandwagon
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            ...jump on the bandwagon
            I see what you did there.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I went and read the article - which linked back to the original reddit thread and came across this gem in the comments:

I think we really need to establish Herbert's Law, "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Dune approaches 1."
              The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Bah. I've seen Christmas stuff pop up on store shelves before Halloween. If Santa can take out all of Hallow's Eve's ghosts and goblins, then some flightless birds never stood a chance.

Comment

I hope Nordstrom still holds to their "no holiday decorations until after Thanksgiving" rule.

Not that I can afford to shop there, but it's nice to know at least one major department store sticks to one holiday at a time.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Flyndaran View Post
                    Bah. I've seen Christmas stuff pop up on store shelves before Halloween. If Santa can take out all of Hallow's Eve's ghosts and goblins, then some flightless birds never stood a chance.
                    Actually wild turkeys can fly. They fly up into the branches of trees to sleep at night so that predators can't take them out on the ground.

It's only domestic turkeys that cannot fly, and you can probably guess why.
                    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                      I see what you did there.
                      For once, the pun was unintentional - I only noticed it when I saw your comment.

Comment

... then some flightless birds never stood a chance.
                        Actually wild turkeys can fly. They fly up into the branches of trees to sleep at night so that predators can't take them out on the ground.

It has to be posted:

WKRP "As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Same with wild chickens. Even road runners can fly. They just prefer not to.

Comment

Since someone posted the obligatory WKRP reference, I'll say that it's for the same reason Jennifer (Loni Anderson's character) can't fly.

Even road runners can fly.
                            Actually, it's not Road Runners that can fly, but their "corporate twins", namely Chargers. Didn't you learn anything from watching The Dukes of Hazzard?

Comment

Working...
                            X