X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of the World? Mayans say "no"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2050519.html

I'm just looking forward to the news reports of what people do on that day.
    Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Rob, 2 other couples of our acquaintance and I are having a party on *saturday* the 23d. Invites are sent, formatted sort of like a wake announcement. Entertainment is going to be the DVD of Whoops Apocalypse. Menu is still being considered as we have allergies and medical conditions to take into account. Part of it will definitely be fondue - broth and assorted meats, swiss classic cheese for the veggies and starches, no idea what else for dinner nor desserts. Other entertainment is decorate-your-own Mexican Day of the Dead skulls, and gingerbread skeletons.
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Over here, one of the major TV stations will air a live "End Of The World Gala" with lots of entertainment. I and Mr Zel are considering dressing up like was it New Year's Eve - hey, if we gotta go, we're gonna go in style
        A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

This is so silly. The Mayan calender works like the odometer on an old car. What happens next month is no more the end of the world than the odometer rolling over from 999999.9 to 000000.0 is the end of the car.

Comment

According to the Myans we have been born and died several times over without our knowledge. Bit me a worrier addict can't help but worry. Trying to teach myself to chill more and worry less.
            NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

There was a cartoon that was on Facebook earlier this year that had a Mayan with a calendar saying "We ran out of room after 2012" and another Mayan saying "That's going to freak someone out someday."

Comment

Quoth Kitten in the box View Post
                According to the Myans we have been born and died several times over without our knowledge. Bit me a worrier addict can't help but worry. Trying to teach myself to chill more and worry less.
                This time round would be about the Seventh time the world has ended, if the Mayan Long Calander ending = the world ending.

Quoth ComputerNecromancer View Post
                This is so silly. The Mayan calender works like the odometer on an old car. What happens next month is no more the end of the world than the odometer rolling over from 999999.9 to 000000.0 is the end of the car.
                Or, you know, like the Calendars we use today.
                I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Working...
                X