This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayor outs herself as a sucky customer

Mayor shows up before the store opens, and is told the store is closed!

What a disgrace!

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-...-mayors-dough/

Just because she's the mayor doesn't mean every serf must bow to her every whim.

There can be any number of good reasons why they can't sell her a loaf of bread but I doubt that they will have entered her little head.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

What a bitch. The staff of that bakery ought to show up at the town hall just when the Mayor is about to go home, and demand that she help them.

That person is probably related to the cretinous woman who banged on the door and yelled back when I was working in the pizza place at an hour before opening time. It didn't seem to occurr to her tiny brain that there might be a good reason why we were there; ie, food prepping, which couldn't wait. The bakery staff might have that to do, not to mention a little thing called Trading Laws which state when you can open and when you can close. Everyone has to abide by them; not doing so could get you in deep shit.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Sounds like some of my custys when I work mornings, they expect everything to be magically set up when I come in. They don't think that it takes nearly 2 hours to do, they just think "she's here, *poof* ready!" I hate that.
        ......../\
        ....../__\
        ..../\...../\
        ../__\../__\

Comment

"I know they won't miss just one person but it's not the attitude I want to see in our city."
          That mayor better be prepared to live by that then. I fully expect her to serve all of the citizens at whatever hour they want.

What a bitch. The staff of that bakery ought to show up at the town hall just when the Mayor is about to go home, and demand that she help them.
          Exactly. After it's what she wants to see in the city right?

Comment

Wow, just wow. I'm not even sure what to say because I want to say something really nasty and CS doesn't like it when you do that.

Comment

Ms Scaffidi said there were many firms who tried to deliver excellent customer service, but those who did not damaged public perception for all.

"We don't want this sort of attitude to be the norm," she said. "Wake up, some people, and go the extra mile for your employer.

"It's called service and this city needs it in truckloads."

Sarah Thomas, from Lawley's, said her staff could not serve Ms Scaffidi, a regular customer, because they had not set up and would not be able to get money out of the till.

"At the end of the day we've got trading hours," Ms Thomas said. "We weren't open and I would never knock on the door at 8.30am at the Perth council offices and expect to get served. We strive to do the best that we can. I hope she continues to shop with us."
              How did she ever get elected mayor??
              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Damn!

I saw this thread title, and thought I'd be reading about a Mayor that had come clean about being an SC, and publicly apologized......

Mike
                Meow.........

Comment

"It was 6.16am and their large concertina windows were open and staff bustling about inside ready to go, but alas the front door was still closed," Ms Scaffidi said. "I got a very emphatic and flat 'no'.
                  Clearly they were not, in fact, "ready to go." If they can't open the till, they can't take your money, even if you don't need change. That would never have gone over in any store I've worked in.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

^This. Back in the pizza place, we had to do an hour's food prep before we opened which meant taking the doughs which had been left to defrost overnight and squashing them into pizza bases; using the vegetable slicer to chop the mushrooms, peppers etc; opening the tins of pineapple and meat and the packets of pepperoni; opening a packet each of tomato sauce and cheese. Then putting the toppings, each one in its own metal container, on the serving counter. The ovens were switched on when the day staff arrived and had to preheat for an hour.

So basically, it really used to annoy the day staff when pestomers turned up and banged on the window, yelling that they wanted serving, or rang up before opening time doing the same. Look, we're not sitting around drinking tea, we're working. And contrary to what the likes of this Mayor think, we're not "ready to go". This Mayor needs a good dose of humility; maybe she ought to work in a food serving place for a week so her eyes can be opened.
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Does Perth have any laws restricting trading hours? Even if there aren't any affecting that bakery at that time, perhaps Perth Lord Mayor Lisa Scaffidi is willing to repeal all of those laws so stores may be open at any and all hours for her convenience.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                      X