This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dissed loyalty

Like many hotels, mine has a member rewards program. How often you stay determines your level of benefit. The level is periodically reviewed and your level goes up or down depending on your stay history. At our hotel, the only real difference between the second and third level is access to the concierge lounge.

FDS: Front Desk Supervisor
    SC: You know who.

FDS: Welcome to Hotel how can I help you?

SC: Reservation for Mr. Jackass

FDS: Hi Mr. Jackass, we have you in a king room and I see you are a level 2 rewards member.

SC: I'm a level 3 member!

FDS: Well according to our system (which is linked to corporate) we have you listed as a level 2 member. The levels were recently reviewed so it's possible there is an error, if you call member services they can assist you with updating your account.

SC: I'm a level 3 member, I have the level 3 card! How can I be level 2 if I have a level 3 card! (Delivered in a triumphant tone of voice)

FDS: As I said, if you call member services they can assist you with resolving any issue. As a courtesy I'm going to go ahead and add complementary access to the concierge lounge.

SC: (In that SC tone of voice, you know the one, that perfect of combination of arrogant superiority, haughty dismissal, and a little bit of whiny four year old) You know what, forget it. I'm not happy about this at all. I thought being a loyal customer meant more than this!

And with that, the customer left. The FDS told me that this happens more often than you might think, especially right after reviews. We probably could have called member services for the guest, but the hotel is stupid busy this week and the lobby full of people needing assistance means poor SC will just have to use a phone himself.

I think I know why he dropped a level...

But some people's children never learn do they?
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
      some people's children
      This is my favorite phrase to describe idiots.

Comment

So you were going to give something he probably isn't really entitled to, just to make him happy, and he still wasn't happy. I guess you ruined his fun...must have had a rant all ready to go...
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Why didn't you just ask for the level 3 card and have him present it? Otherwise he's full of shit.

Comment

That behavior. It's just shameful.
            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              So you were going to give something he probably isn't really entitled to, just to make him happy, and he still wasn't happy. I guess you ruined his fun...must have had a rant all ready to go...
              He struck me as one of those people who measure their importance by stuff like memberships with hotels. That we demoted him a level probably ruined his self image as the coolest guy ever.

Comment

Quoth jedikuonji View Post
                He struck me as one of those people who measure their importance by stuff like memberships with hotels. That we demoted him a level probably ruined his self image as the coolest guy ever.
                Assuming he keeps his loyalty card in his wallet, and his wallet in his pants pocket, then we can assume this is the only thing in his pants that can show how important he is.
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth jedikuonji View Post
                  ... ruined his self image ...
                  She said it wasn't a foot!

I'm not a ruler!
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                  X