This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Store card suckiness

If a customer has a loyalty card but doesn't have it with them, we can put a store card in for the sale prices (I make it a point to tell customers who forgot theirs that they can bring their card and the receipt to the service desk to get the gas points). If they don't have a card at all, we can still put the store card in but are encouraged to ask if they want to sign up.

Two minutes to close last night, I'm bagging and a woman stalks up to the register with a major CBF (both I and the cashier are visibly busy; SCs are still coming in and we all want to get them out and go home).

She paws my arm (later I found that I had red marks from her nails, luckily nothing broke the skin), I hiss at her which causes her to back down very briefly. When N pauses for a tenth of a second to type in something that's not scanning...

"I am VERY DISSATISFIED!!!!"

What happened? As close as we could figure out from her rantings, she had a store card but not with her. Cashier N ran the store card through, but for some reason it didn't take (this was the possessed register, so I suspect the button was bad). CBF Lady thinks that N did it on purpose (she tried to play the race card but failed).

A normal person would just say 'fair enough, mistakes happen' and bring their store card back later to get the sale prices/discounts. Not her. The manager she complained to was C, who at this point is royally pissed at whoever didn't lock the entry doors and just wants to get home. The complaint didn't get anywhere, C told her just to bring her card back with the receipt.
    Last edited by Dreamstalker; 03-05-2012, 03:26 PM.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

she's probably also pissy because you didn't allow her to claw you like she expected.

i mean how dare people expect her to treat staff like humans or accept that machines don't always work well?

Comment

Personally I'd have hissed too. I don't like my roomie clawing at me (even if she does it playfully) so if a random stranger clawed at me I'd spaz. And not in a good way.
      Do. Not. Touch. Me. Unless I give you permission.
      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Yeah, if she had connected in a way that caused me actual pain there would have been a smackdown. I know at that time of night FEM was itching for a reason to kick her out anyway.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
        X