Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I intentionally sought it out when I was at the store. Sure, it's a little disturbing, but it's not like it's a graphic image of a blood-covered dead body or something. Sorry you have to deal with this.
    "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
    Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Comment

Look, they did it with Elvis. They did it with River Phoenix. I'm not sure if they did it with Chris Farley. This is nothing new.

And for anyone to yell at the cashiers about it, the SCs are really dense (but then again, we all know that, right?). If they want to complain to someone, complain to the magazine itself.
      And you're welcome (in regards to my avatar).

Comment

I spotted one at the grocery a couple days ago, someone was reading it but didn't buy it -- so, naturally, they put it back where it belongs...on top of a floor display of soft drinks ~_~

Tasteful enough *pic* (read; they bought it from somewhere else), I suppose, but still kinda in bad taste to run it as their major huge cover story. Didn't they have any aliens to out that week?
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          Didn't they have any aliens to out that week?
          The Weekly World News gets all the good alien stories...
          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I was disturbed by that photo (if I'm remembering the right one?), but I'm smarter than a sack of hammers, so I'd never scream at the cashier. For all I know, the cashier is five times as disturbed as I am and 300 times as angry. Neither one of us put it there. It'd be just as logical for the cashier to chew me out as it would be for me to chew him or her out.

If there's anybody to chew out, it's the magazine, as well as whoever took/sold the photo. Why are people so dumb? Did they eat the whole case of stupid, as opposed to the more typical bowl?

*hands out cookies to those yelled at*
            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
            -----
            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Btw love RootedPhoenix's post.

Now that that is out of the way. I can explain this. It is because they can not get access to the photographer/editor/etc to make THEM miserable..so they focus on the poor person who's life they can make miserable. The person who has no power over the situation, no say over it, and ninety nine times of a hundred must sit and take the abuse with a smile on their face because they NEED the job they have. Makes them feel big/important..and even more so if they can get the person to cry.

I pity these people, I really do. I know, not a popular statement on this board. Still, that they have to torment others to stroke their own ego is sad. Very sad.

To the OP, I am sorry that you were the target of somebody who has so little self esteem that they have to lash out at others. Have some cookies and some hot cocoa.

*offers fresh cookies and hot chocolate*
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

It sucks that customers are giving you a hard time about this. As other posters have said, you didn't write the goddamn thing!

I don't know about the laws concerning publications showing the dead, but it seems to be in poor taste, if nothing else. Are you supposed to be the good taste police as a cashier?

Crazy, though sadly, not surprising.
                There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.

Comment

I haven't had anybody complain about that cover. But then our magazine racks at the registers are kinda set up as an upper and lower tier and the Enquirer is on the very bottom right of the lower tier so it's not as in your face so that might be why.
                  "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Yeah, we got that magazine in too. It's extremely tasteless, but again, you aren't the one who took the photo. I got a few "How can you sell something like this?!" and "Oh my god, that's disgusting!" And yet tons of people kept buying the magazine in question.

This is why the Enquirer is known for doing so many horrible things to get stories: they sell. Don't say it's horrible and then give them money to do it again.
                    http://www.customerssuck.com/?p=7499
                    Now appearing in comic form!

Comment

Working...
                    X