X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
    Dear Sir,
    Due to the popularity of the guitar in question, Rascal Flats has agreed to donate a second identical guitar. And since you will no longer associate with our charity, it has been offered and sold to the third-highest bidder.
    This, please much very yes.
    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

A follow-up. We forwarded the e-mail the the chapter that sponsored the event.
      Here is what they found:

As a follow up to our exchange of emails about the ***** *** email sent last week to the national customer service center (see below), we have done some further investigation and now believe that***** ***is actually *** ****, whose name appears several times in the bid sheet for the Rascal Flatts guitar. She bid several times but did not receive the winning bid.

*** **** is a seventh grader.

We have not responded to her email and do not intend to respond. I have given consideration to contacting her parents to share the email with them, but have decided not to inject us into family matters. One of our volunteers knows the family and has said that the child’s parents would be appalled at the language in the email.

Please share this with the other staff who saw the original email. If you think we should do something different, let me know.
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Not surprising that the person in question is 12-13 years old. Of course, the way they were acting, I would've said they were closer to a 3-4 year old.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I'm thinking if the volunteer knows the family... then perhaps a quiet word from the with the parents is in order.

But of course that's up to the volunteer.

Comment

Know this is way off topic..but for some reason this thread gave me one of my wildest random thoughts.

A CS Geek Auction for charity *laughs*. Doubt it would raise much money, but think somebody like GK would bring in some bigger bids.

Please return to your normal thread, and ignore the guy in the white coat rolling on the floor in the corner.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
              A CS Geek Auction for charity *laughs*.
              Depends.

Which is what I'll be wearing under my kilt when Jennoe's leaf blower attacks.
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

If it was a 12-13 year old, maybe she was after the guitar to show off? "Liek OMG, I haz awsum gitar by Cool band!" >.>
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Back where I grew up the local symphony orchestra did an annual auction, there would be a silent auction early in the night, then a live auction of additional items later in the evening, usually with a performance by the symphony between the two. It was always a very nice, formal event and yet every year there would be a number of people lacking any class, I guess any auction really brings out the cheapskates and the EWs.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                    Know this is way off topic..but for some reason this thread gave me one of my wildest random thoughts.

A CS Geek Auction for charity *laughs*. Doubt it would raise much money, but think somebody like GK would bring in some bigger bids.

Please return to your normal thread, and ignore the guy in the white coat rolling on the floor in the corner.
                    I volunteer my pole dancing skills.
                    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

All I'd be able to offer is....*rummages around* Three drop-bears, 12 jars of Vegemite and another 10 jars of iSnack 2.0.
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

It ain't over yet. Another update:

Just FYI, I decided to take ******** up on his request that we let him know if we thought he “should do something different” about the ***** **** e-mail.

I told **** that, although reasonable minds could differ on how best to proceed, if I were *** ****s parents (assuming, of course, that *** and ***** ****are the same person), I would very much want to know that my 11 or 12-year-old daughter had written such a foul and inappropriate e-mail. He acknowledged that he has gone back and forth -- and that he even asked someone recently to ascertain the parents’ contact information from the volunteer who knows the family (who, incidentally, also believes the parents should be told about the e-mail).

**** thanked me for calling and said he will take my position “under advisement”; and I assured him I would respect whatever decision he ultimately makes ...

Regards,

P.S. We also discussed the fact that the radio station which conducted the silent auction did, in fact, screw up -- and that ***/***** had a right to be upset (if only she had expressed her displeasure in a more appropriate manner).
                        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I await the next update.
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                            All I'd be able to offer is....*rummages around* Three drop-bears, 12 jars of Vegemite and another 10 jars of iSnack 2.0.
                            Now how are you going to stuff all of that in their bikinis?

All I can offer up is a dozen packs of Ramen noodles and some hot dogs . . .
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                            X