This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This one Blew my Mind

I know it's been a really long time since I have posted any SC stories. It's not that I haven't had any; lord knows I've had a bunch, but sometimes it's just too emotionally draining and angering to have to re-live the stories through text. But this story I'm about to tell you is just too much to not tell.

As many know, the $5 dollar footlong hell has been upon us Subway workers. Thank God tomorrow is the last day and I happen to have it off! It was horrible. So many EWs, stupid people, and everything else in between. Anyway, on with the story. This happened yesterday as soon as I got to work at around 4pm.

The players:
    Me= Me
    Co Worker O/Assistant Manager = O
    Co Worker R = R
    SC Pathetic Bitch = SC

It was probably a good thing I was a bit jacked on Sudafed (for my cold) while this happened otherwise it probably would have been worse all around. The Sudafed kept my mood more upbeat and goofy and able to roll with the punches better.

I was in the back doing dishes and co worker R was up front, and O in the back finishing up the prep. This woman and daughter comes in and R starts to help her. Immediately she looked like the type of person that thinks she's really self important and "better" than us lowly workers. It was the vibe she put off. Like we were supposed to be SO HONORED that she graced our store with her presence. She seemed fine at first until after the first two sandwiches. First, she wanted meatballs and we had run out and needed to microwave the new batch. Would take about 15 minutes.

She was going to wait. (She wanted some balls and wanted them now.)

At that point O told R to just put some balls in the soup cups and microwave them so she wouldn't have to wait. At the expense of our microwave, though. After they came out the microwave looked like we killed someone in there. I briefly went out there, opened the microwave door, exclaimed "MURDER SHE WROTE" (as a joke) and then shut the microwave door again to get back to what I was doing. I have a feeling now that this woman took offense to what I did.

I came back out front to grab a few dirty bread trays to wash. She mentioned that she was going to have two more sandwiches. I told her that R would be back with her in just a moment as I went back to finish dishes. R was still helping her but she had to run to the back to grab something and O told me later that she herself kept going out there to ask her if she needed any help, but apparently this woman only wanted R to help her.

This is where it starts to get interesting. Suddenly I realize that she wanted even more sandwiches after her original order, but she was only telling R about "another sandwich" at the very end after she had finished making the last one. She also had this look on her face that told us she was doing it ON PURPOSE. R was supposed to leave at 4 and I think somehow this SC figured it out, which was also the reason why she was being so insistent on ONLY R serving her. She was getting off on wasting R's time. Like literally on the verge of orgasm getting off on doing this. What a pathetic sad human being this woman is.

She did it again and again. "There's another sandwich" at the very end with this smirk on her face like she knew what she was doing. As I was helping another customer, I was watching this happen. R was taking it like a champ and not letting this vile bitch get to her, but then R was working on SC's tuna (veggies) and I was just about to start veggies with the customer I was doing. All of a sudden I hear arguing and bitching from the SC.

She wanted R to put extra meat on her tuna but didn't like it when R was telling her that it would be extra. She then tried playing the "I came here last week and YOU gave it to me for no extra cost!" (yeah right bitch) Then R asked me how much it was for extra meat I'm sure so she could have someone to back her up.

Me: $2.50 (I was in the middle of getting the veggie order from my customer so I wanted to keep it short)

SC: Just for TUNA?! (cat butt face)

Me: It's $2.50 for extra meat on ALL footlongs. (keep in mind my voice was really hoarse because of my cold so I sounded sort of like a chain smoker that day)

Apparently she didn't like what I had to say and at that moment declared in her feeble mind that I was rude because I didn't tell her what she wanted to hear, and the fact that I didn't seem sorry about it. (why would I be? There's a fucking menu right above her head that shows how much it costs for extras including extra meat. Plus, I was also trying to work on my own customer and didn't have much time for her bitching and scam attempts.)

After I rung up my customer I ran to the back to tell O what this bitch was doing to R. I told her about how she was making R do one sandwich at a time on purpose, and O said that she saw it too and that she kept on offering to help but she kept on refusing. O also saw the same smirky looks on SC's face that said she was having fun fucking with a Subway worker for the hell of it.

O decided then to pop out and tell R "You need to leave at 4 now" not to scold R, but to let the SC know that we didn't like what she was doing and that it wasn't going to be tolerated anymore. SC immediately shot O a dirty look.

Then I came out front because I was sick of that shit, and said "Are there going to be ANY OTHER sandwiches?"

SC: I'm not sure yet. (in a voice that told me she KNEW exactly how many she was planning on getting)

Finally at the "last" sandwich and I'm starting on another customer that just walked in, and as R is FINALLY ringing her up for all of her food. It was at least 7 or 8 sandwiches altogether, I can hear SC bitch asking for names of multiple people, etc, my name included. Unfortunately R gave her my name, which she should have told SC that if she wanted to know my name she could ask me directly, not her. Then she wants to know who the manager is, blah blah.

Since O is technically the Assistant Manager I had the awesome idea to go and grab O and tell her "she wants to see a manaher" (since O was witnessing all her shit along with us) so that's exactly what I did. O comes out to deal with SC.

O: Is there something I can help you with?

SC: (realizing O is a person of authority, OH SHIT MY PLAN FAILED) .....No..

I shrugged my shoulders and walked back to finish my customer. As SC bitch and her daughter (who was silent through this whole thing) were walking out the door, I heard her loudly say that she was never coming back here again.

GOOD FUCKING RIDDANCE! Too bad I couldn't get it in writing.

The good news is none of us are in trouble as O gave our actual manager a heads up about everything that went down with this bitch, including her trying to scam free extra meat off of us and even our manager agreed that this woman is something else. Plus, she never ended up complaining. I think when she saw how many witnesses to her atrocious behavior there were she just said to herself "fuck it". I know she was definitely gunning for me, though, because I was the one that stood up to her game and wasn't going to let her shit fly.

I have to say that this was the first time a customer has ever DELIBERATELY forced someone to work on one sandwich at a time when they had a huge order. The only reason she got away with it as much as she did was there was no one waiting behind her. I'm sure if there were people waiting she wouldn't have done it because those customers would have been on her ass instantly. One or two walked in but we had enough workers to go help them individually.

And that is the story of my crazy Sunday. I'm so fucking glad it's almost March.
    My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
    My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

You know what would have made it sweeter? Having R drop everything at 4:00 pm and just walk away to clock out. What's the customer gonna do? R's shift is over, she's under no obligation to stay past her scheduled time. I'd love to hear that a customer complained about an employee going home on time. "WAAAH, THEY DIDN'T STAY PAST THEIR SHIFT TO COMPLETE MY ORDER, EVEN THOUGH I WAS BEING A BITCH. WAAAH!"

Comment

Woulda been funny if R could time it so she handed the bitch the sandwich she had just finished...at exactly 4:00. "There you, ma'am, I'm off shift now. Bye!"

Of course the bitch probably would have tried the same thing with the next person to help her. What a twisted jerk.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth TheTigress View Post
        This woman and daughter comes in and R starts to help her. Immediately she looked like the type of person that thinks she's really self important and "better" than us lowly workers. It was the vibe she put off. Like we were supposed to be SO HONORED that she graced our store with her presence.
        I see you've had some of my fabric store customers...
        Suddenly I realize that she wanted even more sandwiches after her original order, but she was only telling R about "another sandwich" at the very end after she had finished making the last one. She also had this look on her face that told us she was doing it ON PURPOSE. R was supposed to leave at 4 and I think somehow this SC figured it out, which was also the reason why she was being so insistent on ONLY R serving her. She was getting off on wasting R's time. Like literally on the verge of orgasm getting off on doing this.
        I will never understand why people do this. Sociopathy? Having such a pathetic life that they have to take whatever little power they can get?
        Since O is technically the Assistant Manager I had the awesome idea to go and grab O and tell her "she wants to see a manaher" (since O was witnessing all her shit along with us) so that's exactly what I did. O comes out to deal with SC.

O: Is there something I can help you with?

SC: (realizing O is a person of authority, OH SHIT MY PLAN FAILED) .....No..
        PWND!
        As SC bitch and her daughter (who was silent through this whole thing) were walking out the door, I heard her loudly say that she was never coming back here again.
        "And there was much rejoicing." Keep your promise, SC, and don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you!

What a bitch. Sorry you and R had to deal with her. I sincerely hope that her complaint goes nowhere, and even more sincerely hope that her daughter is sufficiently embarrassed by her mother's behavior that she becomes the complete opposite: a good and courteous customer.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

That's just beyond ridiculous. Did your coworker have a run-in with her previously and that's why she had such an attitude? Or was the woman just a random bitch? Geez.

Just a side question if you know. Can a 10% discount be applied to a regular trio (not $5) with your cash system? Random, I know. Just curious.
          Last edited by Slayer; 02-29-2012, 01:26 AM.

Comment

And that is the story of my crazy Sunday. I'm so fucking glad it's almost March.
            There's still one more day to go, and according to the ad I saw during the Daytona 500 last night, Subway's giving away free cookies with every order.

Which I am sure will make for more than a few SCs.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Slayer View Post
              That's just beyond ridiculous. Did your coworker have a run-in with her previously and that's why she had such an attitude? Or was the woman just a random bitch? Geez.
              I don't believe so. R usually works nights and I'm not sure if this customer has ever been into our store before yesterday. R is also pretty friendly and docile to most customers.

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              There's still one more day to go, and according to the ad I saw during the Daytona 500 last night, Subway's giving away free cookies with every order.

Which I am sure will make for more than a few SCs.
              I have tomorrow off, and I heard from our Manager today that our store isn't participating in the free cookie thing. Makes me EXTREMELY GLAD that I won't be there to deal with the bitching and moaning about the cookies. After my daily morning basketball I'll be at home eating halibut and watching movies/surfing the net.
              Last edited by TheTigress; 02-29-2012, 01:56 AM.
              My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
              My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

Too bad R was leaving at 4. otherwise he/she could have taken his or her time with the SCs order, debating whether or not to add more condiments, the most proper way to fold the wrapping paper over the sandwich, etc. SC can afford to let the warm food get cold and the cold food get warm, so there's absolutely no rush at all.

Comment

Wait, wait! We need your picture for the "Wall of Never Coming Back"!
                  GFY

Comment

Have you ever read the Psychopath Next Door? This woman sounds like she could be an illustration for that book.

Comment

This is where it starts to get interesting. Suddenly I realize that she wanted even more sandwiches after her original order, but she was only telling R about "another sandwich" at the very end after she had finished making the last one. She also had this look on her face that told us she was doing it ON PURPOSE.
                      Since the SC was ordering her sandwiches one at a time sequentially, could R have made her pay for the sandwiches one at a time sequentially? And then made her go back to the end of the line for each sequential sandwich?

[Fantasizies]

SC: Now that you finished that one, I want another one.

R: Yes ma'am, but first you have to pay for this one, and then start all over again at the end of the line since you didn't order them all at one time.

SC: Scream, scream, scream.

[/Fantasizies]
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

She was going to wait. (She wanted some balls and wanted them now.)

I'll bet she did, the dirty bitch.
                        http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

Last Saturday, I got Subway after the gym ($5 footlong is a blessing for me because I can finally get turkey or roast beef without having to pay more or go somewhere else with smaller sandwiches but cheaper prices), and there was a woman in front of me with 4 complex sandwich orders, and she took her sweet time pausing and hemming and hawwing.

God, I hate being behind the "sandwich bitch" who has to do the running for several all different, all complicated sandwiches.
                          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

What a witchy woman!

And to think I feel embarrassed just by my order for my favorite sandwich. >< Every time I ask for "lots of black olives", I cringe on the inside, lol.
                            By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                              What a witchy woman!

And to think I feel embarrassed just by my order for my favorite sandwich. >< Every time I ask for "lots of black olives", I cringe on the inside, lol.
                              So do you get like ... 2 or 3 olives? My Subway always does that if I ask for "Extra" anything. I get one more. But if I ask for "just a tiny bit" of cilantro, I get a handful

I think it would be worse to be on shift the day after the $5 footlongs ends. I bet you get dozens of people coming in demanding to know why their sub isn't $5 and WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT ENDED YESTERDAY!?

Comment

Working...
                              X