This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's my 5 dollars????????????

Okay, so we have signs at all of our registers that say "$5 if we fail to issue a receipt for your purchase" (this wording is important).

My location has been open for over a year, and no one has ever been able to take advantage of this offer, because we all give the receipt to the customer. Well, today was the day!

I was not the cashier, but according to the person who was, the manager, and the video tape ..... Dude comes up to the register with whatever to buy, yakking on his cell the entire time. Cashier tells him the total, he THROWS the money at cashier, and (as we determine later with the video) is out the door BEFORE the receipt even prints! Cashier takes the receipt, sets it aside, and goes on to the next customer.

As I return from the stockroom, I hear the manager being paged to the register. Now this is 9pm, the cashier is a minor, and I can tell from his voice on the intercom that he's stressed. So I amble my way around by the register (I am NOT the manager, but often get mistaken for it because I am the oldest person on the night shift). The manager on duty tonight is the store manager, so if I can save him some grief, then I'll do it. I don't even say a word and Dude gets in my face and says "He failed to issue a receipt for my purchase where's my 5 dollars????????" I said I'm not a manager and I'll get him one.

Store manager comes to the register and Dude is again saying "HE FAILED TO ISSUE A RECEIPT FOR MY PURCHASE WHERE'S MY 5 DOLLARS?" over and over, getting louder each time.Other customers are staring.

Store manager tells him he will get the 5 dollars but he needs to lower his voice. Dude repeats "HE FAILED TO ISSUE A RECEIPT FOR MY PURCHASE WHERE'S MY 5 DOLLARS?" See how the wording is important? Do we all talk that way unless we're reading the sign? I think not

Well anyway Dude gets his 5 damn dollars, cashier is way over upset and has to go calm down and the universe is saved

OMG. I wish I had 5 dollars for every customer I get on the phone who is complaining about something and repeats the same thing OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER. I actually had a woman this week repeating "I want my money!" at least 10 times because we had promised her a check and for returns and we hadn't sent it yet. I agree, she should get the check, but shut the hell up already!!!
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Poor cashier. All that ruckus for 5 measly bucks? Too bad the store doesn't have a sign saying, "We have the right to throw your ass out if you think you have the right to be a DICK."

Comment

He shouldn't have gotten that $5. He left BEFORE the cashier was able to give it to him!

Comment

Ah, so now people will leave before the receipt prints on PURPOSE so they can get $5 bucks.

Bet that policy is going to end fast once that guy spreads the word around!
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I can't be the only one who's reading the topic title in the voice of the paperboy from Better Off Dead.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
              I can't be the only one who's reading the topic title in the voice of the paperboy from Better Off Dead.
              Crap, you beat me to it. But yeah, my first thought was he did it on purpose.
              ......../\
              ....../__\
              ..../\...../\
              ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                "I want my 2 dollars!!!"

Yep, count me in.....

Madness takes it's toll....
                Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                  He left BEFORE the cashier was able to give it to him!
                  Quoth LillFilly View Post
                  Ah, so now people will leave before the receipt prints on PURPOSE
                  This, exactly -- I would say it was fully intentional on the cursetomer's part.
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                    "... where's my 5 dollars????????"
                    Quoth Merriweather View Post
                    "I want my 2 dollars!!!"
                    How about tree-fiddy?
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

We haven't had that sign up in years. When we took it down, people started to ask where their 5 bucks is. I tell them "No sign, no free money"

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                        How about tree-fiddy?
                        This works better than you may realize. This is right smack dab in the middle.
                        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                          How about tree-fiddy?
                          Damn you loch ness monster I already gave you tree-fiddy!
                          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth cashierbex
                            We haven't had that sign up in years. When we took it down, people started to ask where their 5 bucks is. I tell them "No sign, no free money"
                            Ours disappeared for a while till our Community Leader got us new ones. I was the one appointed to put the new ones up. Blarg. I ended up just handing the pharmacy tech two for their registers.

But yeah, I *hate* those signs with a vengeance. I usually am good about giving the customers their receipts. Though I have plenty of regulars (especially cig custys) that never want their receipts. They've yet to put up a fuss. Mostly cause I automatically give it to them and they hand it back for me to trash. Or I find the receipts later around the registers.
                            Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                            Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Your manager is an idiot and a spineless coward. And why? Because he wants to guy to come back again and eat with you guys. Ok, so let me get this straight.... You want a customer back who you know will rip you off and probably try it again?
                              Also I would like to know which genius at Corporate made this stupid decision to do that, especially with the economy going the way it is. And the store wants to give people $5 if they don't get their receipt?
                              A story goes along with this.... Back in '97 I worked at a fast food joint, and we advertised "If you do not receive a receipt for your meal, its free". The printer was working a bit slow one day, and I got this guy CAC= Cheap Ass Customer.
                              CAC: Hey, I didn't get a receipt. The meal is free.
                              The receipt finishes printing and I hand it to him with a big smile.
                              Me: Here's your receipt, sir. Enjoy your meal.
                              CAC: But you didn't give it to me at the time of the purchase.
                              Me: You got your receipt right there.
                              CAC: (stands there not knowing what to do)
                              Me: Have a nice day, sir.
                              He walks away sulking because he didn't get his free meal What a fucking cheapskate!

Comment

Working...
                              X