This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passed out doggie owner

I'm staying at the motel for a few days as MOD. I got up nice and early to go start my paperwork, headed to the stairs...and was cut off by a growling, barking dog at the bottom of the stairs.

Hmmm....I looked around. There was no person. This dog is barking at me, which isn't good, since it's just after 3am. I'm sure everyone trying to sleep just appreciates that.

It was growling so much, I was afraid to approach it, since I had no idea what it's temperament was.. It was big, and if it wanted to, could probably put me in the hospital. I finally said "No! Be quiet!" It seemed to listen, so I slowly approached it, and it backed off. All bark, no bite. (My dog and this dog could get into an excellent bark-off, I'm sure.)

As I looked around for any person associated with this animal, it ran back up the stairs and bee-lined it to a room with an open door. I went to the room, and the dog was making itself comfortable on one of the beds. On the other bed was a passed-out guy.

Me: *knock knock* "Manager! Sir?"
    Guy: ....
    Me: "Sir, can you hear me?"
    Guy: ....
    Me: "Sir?"

I grabbed his foot and gave it a good shake.

Guy: "mrffle."
    Me: "Sir, is this your dog?"
    Guy: "mmm hmm."
    Me: "Okay, well I'm going to close this door, since we can't have your dog running loose around the property. Is that okay?"
    Guy: .....

I called ACW, who was working the audit shift, and gave her the details.

ACW: "So, that is his dog?" (Apparently, she'd gotten a couple calls about it.)
    Me: "I think so, but I can't confirm that. The guy is really out of it. But that's where the dog is. If it's not his, then...well then he shouldn't pass out with the door wide open."
    ACW: "Alright then."

I figured either it was his dog, or he'd wake up to a nice, big, drooling surprise. Either way, the dog wasn't running loose anymore, so I didn't care.

Later in the night, apparently some other people wanted into the room. Now, the room was paid for two people, but only the registered guest was in the system. Meaning that only the registered guest can give permission to let anyone else in the room.

As it turned out, Passed-Out-Guy was the registered guest. ACW had to go up to the room and wake him up so he could ID his guests. She also had to shake his foot. She said she got him awake just barely long enough for him to ID the guests and give them permission to be in the room before he passed out again. ACW was also able to confirm that the dog did belong there.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Wanna bet he wakes up having forgotten he ever gave permission to let people in the room and bitches the hotel out for 'lack of security?'
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Too bad you didn't have any peanut butter.

What?

Just going to make a sandwich.
      "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Your hotel is truly a neverending place of wonder and delight... Geeeeez!
        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
        X