This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to know who "they" are.

Recently I had a SC ask me for something something. Sadly for them, that something was against policy.

M: I'm sorry, I can't do that. However i can do <similar thing with identical result for SC but properly accounted for by store>.
    SC: But they always have done it for me.
    M: I'm not sure who "they" are, however I can do <similar thing>.
    SC: But theyyyyyyy always did it for me before?
    M: Who?
    SC: I don't know who it was but they did. Can you call a manager who knows something about customer service?
    M: Ok.

I call MOD and thankfully the manager aggress with me.

M: Ok, I called MOD and they said we will do <similar thing>
    SC: But theyyyy did it in the before.
    M: I'm sorry, but my manager only approved <similar thing>
    SC: Can't you do it my way? I'll never tell on you.
    M: No. Now, what do you want me to do.
    SC: Fine. Do it the WRONG, you know, YOUR way!

I do and they stomp off. Something tells me either "they" never existed or some SCW has created massive headache for us.

No, of course they never know who did it for them before...because nobody ever DID do it for them before. Ugh.
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I hate the customers that insist you do something against store policy with the words, "Don't worry. I won't tell on you!" There are two things wrong with this statement...or the first two of MANY things wrong anyway:

1. The customer will come back and demand proper service or they WILL tell your boss about the heinous crime against policy you committed. Perfect case of blackmail.

2. The customer will go to other stores and go whining to the employees there, "But so-and-so place did THIS for me in THIS way!" Thereby driving resentment into those employees as they wonder why the hell they're even shopping there if so-and-so place does such a better job.

The first two of many, anyway.

Comment

I suggest all businesses (except for my own, which wouldn't really count here) have a sign clearly visible: "This is not Burger King. You can't have it your way."
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Back when I worked at the movie theatre, had 2 teenage girls come up to the concession stand and ask for free stuff, claiming that someone they know who "used to work" at the theatre had done it for them before. Um yeah, I wonder why they aren't working here anymore She even asked me to fill a courtesy cup which we normally use for water to fill with popcorn, to which I sternly replied no. Later I found out that she was asking the box office for a free movie ticket, giving them the same bullshit line. God I hate cheap customers.

Comment

We get that at the paper too, and frankly I really hate it when a CW gives a customer something they aren't supposed to have. Not only do they expect it from then on, but if it's something about the way their ad was worded, everybody who reads the ad will see it, and many of them are people who want to advertise the same type of item. Then they want the same thing the other customer got. Ugh.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

We get it at the thrift shop too. We sell paperbacks for 50 cents each, except for romance novels (e.g. Harlequin and its ilk -- not Danielle Steele, LOL), which are 25 cents each. We got one guy in there one day who INSISTED that "somebody" had let him buy non-romance paperbacks for 25 cents each. I wanted to suggest that in that case, he come back when "they" were on duty because "we" weren't going to do this.
              C'mon, fella ... it's a 25-cent difference ...

Comment

This is so odd that I'm reading this now...

This Saturday after dinner with the wife, we stopped at K Mart. She needed a few things and I wanted to go there because Sears.com had a 50ft NeverKink hose for $16, which I wanted to get to replace my Target 75 ft hose that has a few kinks that I couldn't work out. Sears stuff is sold at K Mart now. I figured if they couldn't price match it, no big deal as I could run out to Sears later that night by myself, as it wasn't that far away.

I took it to the service desk, they price checked it and it came up $20, so I showed the lady the slickdeals.net ad on my iPhone. i asked if I could order it on the phone then just pick it up here, and I even said that if I couldn't, that I'd just go out to Sears later. She said, "eh, I'll just give it to you for $16. I replied, "aw thanks! As long as you're not gonna get in trouble though", to which she said, "that's ok, I live for things like this.." So I got lucky there and wasn't a SC about it.

Comment

I get this nonsense all the time.

No, you cannot have a Corona for a dollar. No, I will not give you free drinks just because you think you deserve them. No, I will not cut the bill in half, tell you where you can get illegal drugs, give you a bigger discount, allow you to smoke inside (against state law), or serve you when you are not yet 21. That last one is a doozie, and the most prone to say "I won't tell anyone." No shit, youngster, you won't. Because there ain't no WAY I'm violating the very strict state law on serving alcohol just because you want a drink but aren't of age yet.

CAN I do any of those things? Sure...at the risk of my job. I will not risk my job for my FRIENDS, let alone for you assholes that I've never met before.

Oh, you won't tell my boss? Great...neither will I. Especially since it's not gonna fuckin' happen!'

In a similar vein, when I am performing magic, I often have people ask me to tell them how it's done. "We won't tell!" Or..."We're only here for the day, and then we're going back to Idaho." That's great, Sparky. Ever hear that line about how a magician never reveals his secrets? Yeah? Good. So have I. And unlike you, I signed an OATH to that effect. (Yes. Seriously.)

You want to learn how a magic trick is done? Here's how you do it: just like every other magician, spend your money and your time buying tricks and taking lessons and buying books to learn how to do something so that you can perform it. What's that? You just want to know how it's done, you don't really want to start doing magic? Well, TOO BAD. Because there are only two ways to learn how magic is done. The first is the one listed above. The second is to marry a magician. And frankly, pal, you're just not my type.

(Yes, my ex-fiance knew a couple things. But not everything, and what she learned, she would never tell anyone. I did know the girl rather well, thank you very much.)

Quoth Kristev View Post
                  I suggest all businesses (except for my own, which wouldn't really count here) have a sign clearly visible: "This is not Burger King. You can't have it your way."
                  Well, except for Burger King also, of course, for rather obvious reasons.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                  X