This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YOU LOSE! GOOD DAY SIR!

Gather round children of CS, for I have yet another tale of attempted fraud. One that shall result in criminal charges.

On 3 Febuary of this year, TimeTraveller (as he shall be known) calls and, rather hurriedly, insists on the policy on his Gas-Guzzler be restarted. As this stopped almost 12 months hence, we instead issued him with a new policy. TimeTraveller was in a hurry to get this policy in place.

Fast Forward, that most romantic of days, Valentine’s day. TimeTraveller calls our team and claims that, following his night shift, he was feeling the effects. He parks his vehicle approx. 300 meters from a local proprietor of delicious caffeinated beverages, purchases a fancy drink of milk, froth and coffee, and then returns to his vehicle. But what is this? Some lowlife has hit his vehicle, damaging it badly, and driven off. Oh Woe for poor TimeTraveller. So horrible are the circumstances that he contacts his partner, who collects him and takes him home to bed. When he wakes several hours later, he then calls (insurer) and lodging his claim. He also speaks to a local panelbeater and organises for his vehicle to be collected the following morn and taken for repairs.

Now this vehicle is not what one would consider delicate. With the amount of damage that has resulted, we are naturally curious about the extent of the damage – it would appear this vehicle was beyond economical repair. So our friend, Mr Investigator, is appointed. Mr investigator then uncovers the following issues with TimeTravellers story:
    Issue the first: TimeTraveller claims his vehicle was not able to be driven, and yet he insisted on driving it onto the tow truck. The vehicle, on examination, still ran and the steering appeared to be operatble
    Issue the second: TimeTraveller tells Investigator that he drove though (Tunnel) on the day in question. Tunnel control is contacted and tell us that in fact, their licence plate scanning software has no record on the day in question, nor the dates before or after
    Issue the third: Despite the large amount of damage to the vehicle, there was no debris where the vehicle was found. The Tow Truck driver also confirms there was no debris for him to clean up.
    Issue the forth: The damage, while extensive, did not set off the air bags. It was clearly caused by something with a LOT of clearance.
    Issue the fifth: The friendly boys in blue told us they had a call from a concerned member of the public on 7 February about a damaged vehicle that had been there for a week and a half.

Mr Investigator then manages to get three witnesses. All three of whom confirm that the vehicle had been where it was supposedly damaged since 26 January. And was already damaged at this point.

Now, dear readers, you are all astute, and know that 26 January is more than a week before the date that TimeTraveller called to get his policy, and 3 weeks before the day of love where his vehicle was (allegedly) so cruelly damaged. So I present to you, three options:

1) Three people, 2 government agencies and a partridge in a pear…I mean friendly towwie are all telling us incorrect information
    2) TimeTraveller is, infact, a Time Traveller and this vehicle is his TARDIS.
    3) TimeTraveller is full of shit, trying to defraud (insurer) because he didn’t insure this vehicle?

Take you time…I’ll wait….
    *Jeopardy Theme Plays*
    If you guessed option 3, you’re a Winner! If you, infact, chose number three as your plan after your car was damaged?

YOU LOSE! GOOD DAY SIR! (oh, and the police will be making contact with you shortly…)
    How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

I like this guy. He actually put some thought into this. Not ENOUGH thought, but some.

Comment

Well, where he's going he's going to have a _lot_ of time to reflect on this!

TimmyHate is fast becoming my favorite storyteller, keep 'em coming!

Comment

What do you think was able to cause so much damage without setting off the airbags?

Comment

TH, your stories are great. You're like Argabarga, only, insurance wise. You've heard it all and these scammers aren't getting it. Haha...it's sad that there's so many guys like this though.
          My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
            What do you think was able to cause so much damage without setting off the airbags?
            Any collision where the key isn't in the ignition and another vehicle collides with it..?
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Or the dipshit didn't maintain the case and the airbags....yeah, your way is better. I'm absolutely sure that either booze or drugs are involved in this wreck...
              Last edited by Tama; 04-30-2014, 04:50 PM.
              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I wouldn't think airbags would go off in a vehicle that is switched off.

And too bad it can't be number 2. That would be freaking awesome!

Comment

Air bags have been known to go off in vehicles that are switched off. I was once told about special fixtures that were clamped around steering wheel airbags to prevent them for expanding into a mechanics face as he worked in the steering wheel area.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
                    There are a couple of theories.

The leading theory based on the nature of the damage (all along the top of the bonnet/hood, no damage directly to the front bumper) is that what ever he hit (or hit him) had enough clearance to miss the sensors (such as the back of a large truck trailer or similar).

Otherwise other suggestions in this thread are equally possible - poor maintaince, fault or not going off if the keys are not in ignition.
                    How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
                      It depends on how old his car is. Generally speaking, airbags need to be replaced after five years because they may not work past that time (an expiration date of sorts). Also, if the vehicle was involved in any previous collision you should generally replace them because they may not work in a future collision.
                      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Need replacement every 5 years? WTF? Considering the cost in parts and labour, some lower-end cars would effectively be "totalled" on their 5th birthday - and at least half the cars on the road would be "totalled" at 10 years.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Just got a rather excellent email, which confirms that the complaint has been submitted to the police.

It is the contention of (Investigators) and (Insurance Company) that there is compelling
                          prima facie evidence that a Crimes Act offence has been committed by (Insurance Company) policyholder, TimeTraveller.

Comment

Quoth TimmyHate View Post
                            Just got a rather excellent email, which confirms that the complaint has been submitted to the police.
                            Oooooh, dis gon b gud...
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Oooooh. Keep us updated.

Comment

Working...
                              X