Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batchelorette party gone wrong (longish. happy ending)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batchelorette party gone wrong (longish. happy ending)

so this campground i'm working the summer in is definitely a CAMPGROUND.. not like an RV resort or something. short funny aside story: i've worked here for 3 summers now. a new owner took over 2 summers ago, and he used to manage a resort type park... everyone went to bed at 10 or earlier kinda place. this place is TOTALLY different. while it's a "family friendly" park and not a party hotspot kinda place, people do still come here to camp, drink heavily, and stare at their campfires... and that frequently results in people conveniently forgetting about quiet time starting at 11. as such, the first year we had security (just a couple of our guys, not an outside company or anything) patrolling the park reminding the loud ones to quiet down, and threatening to eject the truly unruly ones... for as long as it took... till everyone was in their campers/cabins/tents and asleep... usually anywhere from 1am to 3am. new owner was like 'security? we don't need security. no one needs to stay up till 3am. there's a phone number on the office door that goes straight to me, if there are any issues people can call me and i'll fix it." i think it only took a week before he caved and started assigning one of the guys to a security detail

BUT ANYWAY...

weekends in season we don't close the office till 10pm. assorted closing procedures and stopping half a dozen times to go to the door and tell someone "no, i'm sorry, i'm closed, register is counted out i can't sell you 6 bundles of wood." breaking down the snack and drink machines sweeping mopping etc... dragged on longer than usual so i was draggin my tired butt home at 11pm (note: "home" is one of the campers right there in the park. the commute is great, but the boss knows where to find me when there's a problem ) i didn't even bother changing... threw together some dinner... ate... was sitting there spacing out.. i think i was looking at this forum, even... and i get called on the radio to come back to the office to 'fix something'. at midnight.

i get up there to find out that a nice family of 5 (one of whom was a 4 year old) in a tent site were new to camping, and had gotten the bad luck of being right next to a cabin with a batchelorette party in it... and they were drunk, loud, unruly, and cursing and carrying on. they went and knocked on the cabin door and tried to ask them to please keep it down they had a 4 yr old trying to sleep, and got the response "guess you're in the wrong spot then, huh?" ooohhhhh no you didn't just go there! we do NOT tolerate that s***!! quiet time is 11 and strictly enforced, or you find your arse out the door unfortunately, nice family, being new to camping, doesn't know this, and figures they don't really have any recourse and starts packing. fortunately.. security guy swings by on his rounds right about then and catches them. asks them to wait, gets the boss involved. gets the cops involved on the drunken idiots cabin. gets me involved to take care of the computer (it got fussy about checking people out on the 20th when accounting date had switched to the 21st already. i had to convince it yes i really did want it to do that )

nice family got checked out of their site with a full refund, drunken partygoers had a chat with the police, and the cops found at least one of them still sober enough to drive, so we threw em out, no refund on their 3 night stay, at 1 am someone was out there cleaning the cabin (including drunken vomit. wooooo.. fun.... >.> ) and we checked nice family into the freshly cleaned cabin at no charge, and gave them a voucher for free breakfast the next morning and they were super happy.

and then i staggered home at 2am

i am SO not awake yet. i fact i may go back to bed. ah well... hopefully the rest of the weekend will be smooth.
    Last edited by katzklaw; 06-21-2014, 02:05 PM.

Aren't you worried about bears knocking on your door?
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

with up to 900 people here on a busy weekend... no

oddly... the bears stay away from us. i wonder why.

Comment

Cabins? OooOoo I love tent camping but now I am stuck in a wheelchair and crutches for really short gimps, we are now stuck with cabins. Where are you located? We do a cross country drive with stops along the way every couple years [Rob is from Fresno, we live in Connecticut and prefer to drive instead of fly]
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

we're in northern WI. we have 2 sizes of rustic cabins (4 and 6 person) and about 5 varieties of the deluxe cabins (with bathrooms and kitchens and whatnot) that hold anywhere between 4-8 people. if you're going to be coming by that way let me know and i can provide more info. it's really a fun place. XD

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
            Cabins? OooOoo I love tent camping but now I am stuck in a wheelchair and crutches for really short gimps, we are now stuck with cabins. Where are you located? We do a cross country drive with stops along the way every couple years [Rob is from Fresno, we live in Connecticut and prefer to drive instead of fly]
            I know the feeling, 'Drone. Used to love tent camping, hurts too much now.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Cabins

This year will my first year rent cabins and Yurts for our trips.

I like the idea for not worrying about wet tents if it rains.

Comment

I love happy endings.

I remember going up to a "High Adventure" Scout camp when I was 14. Two weeks of Canoeing and fishing (only 2 miles of hiking). We did not see another group for the first 10 days. Carried all our food, gear, and trash.

I miss those days. I wish I could be a Scout Leader (I work nights, so it is not physically possible).
                I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

minor updates.

1. found out last night that the girls had apparently hit the local McD's barely a few minutes before closing time after we threw em out. i like the place... about one of the nicest, cleanest, friendliest McD's i've ever been in, so i apologized.

2. they were from only about an hour away, so one of them actually came in today and apologized to the owner for their behavior.

3. the tenters who moved to the cabin filled out a comment card today when they left: Q: What did you like most about your stay? A: the managers and employees are awesome!. Q: what did you like least about your stay? A: N/A. Q: did you experience any problems during your stay? A: nope!

so all around... definitely a happy ending to that story!

after 2 weekends in a row of drama hopefully next weekend will be quiet.

Comment

I'm glad it all turned out okay in the end It's always nice when sucky customers see the error of their ways. Unfortunately it's also extremely rare...

Comment

well... apparently, batchelorette number 1, after her grudging apology the other day, has since discovered that we did not refund her the 2 days she ended up not staying, so she's now been calling the owner every day. i didn't know about this until she called today. she asked for the owner, but did not give her name or reason for call...and these are usually my 'red flag' for 'its just a telemarketer and the boss doesn't actually EVER want to speak to you. unfortunately for her the owner was 1. off the property, and 2. it is legitimately his day off today, so i told her he wasn't in and asked if i could help. she said (in an ever so slightly snotty tone) that she would call back first thing in the morning. my first following thought after she hung up was 'and you won't talk to him then, either.'

i filed it away in my brain, and when the boss came back from wherever he was several hours later, i told him about it, and he filled me in on what i missed on my days off.

sheesh. catch a hint lady.

Comment

Working...
                      X