Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I totally agree that cats shouldn't get tuna on a regular basis. Firstly because cats didn't evolve eating fish so their bodies aren't able to properly use it. Secondly because cats need taurine, which is only found in raw meats or commercial petfood. Don't want Fluffy to go blind! Go to the Pet Food Bank and get something for pets.

However, that's not why I am posting...I'm posting because I watched someone else ruin Christmas! I was at a well known arts and crafts chain when a clerk wasn't able to give a SC step by step instructions as how to make a wreath that looked like the picture the SC kept shoving in her face.

The poor clerk was as polite as could be, the SC was enraged and threw the picture on the floor and stomped out with both of our favorite terms "...now you have ruined Christmas" AND "I'm never shopping here again!"

Comment

Awww, now I miss MW repair so much more. During the years I worked there, I ruined many a holiday, simply by not scheduling the technician to come out the day before and magically fix their stoves. Those same stoves that were often times broken for over a month anyways. It was so darned easy to ruin Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter back then!

(We did manage a miracle when the church called because the stove broke that day and they needed it to feed the homeless their Xmas meal, btw. We had the part and a tech willing to take a bit of overtime to fix it. The tech had a free meal out of it, too!)
      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Of course, the repair place is going to put more effort into fixing a stove that broke THAT DAY and was going to be used for a charitable event than they would for a stove that's been broken for months and will be used for one family's meal.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth MrSmiley View Post
          Had that problem with Bestbuy a few weeks back. Before I left the house I checked the website to ensure they had the item and it was "In Stock". Went to the store and they were all sold out on the shelves and had been for a few days. Aside from grumbling a bit about wasting the trip (and I have a BB gift card someone gave me that I have no idea when I'll find another item at a good price I want to get there); it didn't end up ruining Christmas!
          This is why I'm grateful for Walmart's site-to-store and in-store pickup options. We've had at least two items recently that I knew about and we needed to pick up. Site said our local store had them in stock. Hubby went for one, I went for the other (two separate trips two weeks apart), and neither of us could find them where they should have been.

So I went online, saw that they were still "in stock" and available for same-day pickup. Bought them, waited for the notification e-mail, and went to pick up the items at the site-to-store counter. No prob.

Now, of course, this only works if the store actually has the items available, but with Walmart, at least, they'd just order them in (or so experience tells me) if the store itself didn't actually have them hiding somewhere. And this way I can let it be an employee's problem (and job) to find the item for me without feeling like that customer.
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
            I totally agree that cats shouldn't get tuna on a regular basis.
            True, that would be like putting a human on a candy diet...I only feed our kitties that on holidays.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Just be careful. If you get more than a couple hundred Christmases ruined they make you work a stint as Krampus.

Comment

Quoth computeraide View Post
                Just be careful. If you get more than a couple hundred Christmases ruined they make you work a stint as Krampus.
                But you have to be Belsnickel before that...but at least that gives you a chance to smack someone with a switch and shout, "Impish!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNu2oRf-Gjw
                Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                  True, that would be like putting a human on a candy diet...I only feed our kitties that on holidays.
                  With "candy water" to drink? Cookies for reference.

Comment

Meh, it's too early for us retail elves to ruin Christmas.

Comment

Quoth flyonthewall View Post
                      Speak for yourself.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth flyonthewall View Post
                        I thought the record was some time in January.
                        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

That might be the U.S. record, but up here in Canada retail clerks have ruined someone's Christmas many times by the Boxing Day sale being out-of-stock on a seasonal item they want for NEXT Christmas.

Comment

Working...
                          X