Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's treating who like a 5 year old...

So today I get a call from someone querying a product from a competitor, completely confused about this particular product. I explain to them that I couldn't help them and to contact said competitor. All seemed well till all of a sudden, she wanted to speak to someone else. I explain there's no one else she can speak to, so she demands to speak to a manager because I was treating her like a 5 year old and if I didn't put her through to a manager she'd call back and put in a 'claim' about me. I ask for their name, which they refused. I tried to explain that manager like some basic information so they can have some idea who they're speaking to. Didn't matter what I said, all I got was, 'put me through to a manager', 'this is the Xth time I've asked for a manager' amongst other insults about my capacity (I didn't respond to any of her insults). Realising I was going nowhere with her, I transfer her through to a manager.

About 15 minutes later, the manager comes, explains that they managed to calm her down, I was right in what I said to her, and there was nothing more I could've done for her.
    the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

So a customer who cannot and will not take no for an answer has to speak to a Manager who has to calm them down.

Why can't the customer just take no for an answer and follow the directions he/she was given to get the answer he/she wanted?

Why does a Manager have to calm the customer down?

It is what it is

Comment

Did you forget what forum this is?
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

What part of her could not fathom that since your company didn't make, carry, or sell the product that she couldn't get help from you? What an idjit.
        O God, thy sky is so vast and my plane is so small.

Comment

She wasn't even really a customer.
          AkaiKitsune
          Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Some people simply react badly to certain personalities, regardless of how kind and professional you are. I've had customers who are sweet as pie to me, yet are irritable and high-maintenance to coworkers. And coworkers have had the same experiences.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
            X