X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost saw a tazing

Preface-I work as a case manager in community corrections

Last Monday I came into work and received a report that one of my clients punched another client in the face twice, and tried to kick him once. And this was all caught on security cameras. For some reason, staff had let my client go to work, so I had them call him back while I contacted his parole officer to let her know what was happening, and that we wanted him out of the program.

When he gets back, I call him to my office to find out what the hell he was thinking. Apparently, they were arguing over an Ipod that my client paid the other client money to put music on (A no-no in the first place). He advised me that fighting is how they solve problems in the "Pen". I welcomed him to the real world

Anyhow, I told him, since the other client was still on grounds that he was confined to the day room until this other client went to work and that his parole officer was coming down to "talk" to him.

When the parole officers got here, I noticed that instead of the usual two, there were 4 of them. His PO, a teeny little girl so new that she didn't even have a badge yet, a little guy, and one really big guy. My client decided he wasn't going to jail without smoking a cigarette first, so he shoved the short PO out of the way to go outside. Now this guy, has a bit of a Napoleon complex. He's short, so he is going to make up for it by being super tough. He grabs my guy, flattens him against the door and wrestles him inside. It's a bit like a Chihuahua wrestling a Doberman

When they get him inside, he's still fighting. 3 of the Po's have tazers drawn and pointed. It's at this time I heard the shouting and came up stairs to see what was going on. I also start rooting for a tazing. They ended up getting him cuffed, and the entire while he is screaming obscenities at them. They almost had to carry him out to get him into the car. Where he continued screaming obscenities. Once he was in the car, I pulled up the video footage so I could see the entire thing.

8 years in community corrections and I have NEVER seen someone try to fight their PO's. It will probably result I new charges, like resisting arrest. He never actually hit one of them, at least.

I am a little disappointed that I did not get to witness a tazing however.

What a moron. Hopefully a little more time in jail will help him realize what's getting him in there.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

I'm about 98% sure he was high as a kite at the time. Or at least coming off of a high. I don't think we got a UA on him though, so we wont know for sure

Comment

If they couldn't get a UA they can at least make the resisting arrest charge. Too bad they can't also slap him with failure to obey like they could if he was in the military.
        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth evilhomer View Post
          What a moron. Hopefully a little more time in jail will help him realize what's getting him in there.
          Somehow I doubt it...

Agree, guy must have been on something. Well, when he comes back to earth he'll find he's got a new set of problems!

Comment

I've been told everyone does what they think is in their best interest. Apparently some thing putting up a fight even if it means jail and more time is the best thing for them. It's that pride thing; rather sit in jail than be seen as giving in, I suppose.
            Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

My state has a Misd. charge for "Failure to comply w/an officer's/emergency personnel['s instructions]" ...It's for just such a situation as this. Perhaps OP's does, as well?
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

hmm I don't know if we have a misdemeanor charge for that. It's a possibility, I suppose. He did receive misd. assault charges for punching the other client.

Comment

Watching someone get tazed with cause is very entertaining. I'm kinda surprised that you haven't seen one yet. Kinda scary that I've seen 2 and I've only been a food stamp eligibility worker since July.

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                    Watching someone get tazed with cause is very entertaining. I'm kinda surprised that you haven't seen one yet. Kinda scary that I've seen 2 and I've only been a food stamp eligibility worker since July.
                    Regular people can be far more stupid than convicted criminals.

Criminals (generally) have a better knowledge of rights, plus they've got a firsthand knowledge, or at least firsthand story of what it's like to be tazed, knowing it's something to avoid. (not to say that you're still not going to get idiots, just more informed idiots).

Regular people on the other hand, "knows theirs rights", they can "says whatevers theys wants", they can "dos whatevers theys wants", and officials "donts haves the rights to's taze me", plus "it don't hurts anyways, I'd laughs at its" ...... BZZZZZZZZZZZ!
                    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
                    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

Working...
                    X