This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *wails in pain*

Yes, I know. I'm the pain management queen of these forums. But I've dislocated my biceps tendon in my left shoulder and it's just so much extra pain that I just .. don't .. need and it HURTS and I can't sleep right now and .. I guess I just want someone to tell me it won't be forever, and it'll be alright in the long term.

Both of which I know. I just need reassurance.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

You are one of the toughest people I know. Pain is never good, but while it seems like it will never end..it will. It will be ok. *hugs* I wish I was a tenth as strong as you are.
    Last edited by Mytical; 10-22-2012, 06:15 PM.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

It will be ok. This will go away. And I am with Mytical, I am amazed on a daily basis of your strength.
      Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Oh, gods, I hate shoulder pain.

Every so often, something will get out of alignment in one or the other, and there's not a damned thing I can really do to fix it, and everything I do aggravates it. >_<

When it happens to me, I just hold onto the fact that I know it's going to resolve itself on its own and I just have to wait it out. Still absolutely no fun while waiting, but it's such a relief when I realize that I can move my arm without wincing.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

*pat pat pat* there there it will be ok....

that good? It's the best I got....hope it gets better soon
          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I have no advise to offer,
            But i can offer hugs, will that do?

Comment

You're a strong person, and this will pass.

-passes on good thoughts-
              "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

I can offer sympathy and a cup of tea if that helps ...

Comment

Oh, that is the worst. I had that with a pinched nerve. But yes, it does go away, and at this point I sometimes forget which arm it was! I mean, my hand was numb 24/7, yet I have to think for a second. So yes, you'll get through. You're tough as nails.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

*gentle cuddles* It won't be forever, and it will be alright again. You are an amazing woman with an awesome family and you can get through this.
                    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Are the breathing and meditation stuff helping with this shit? And ow owowowowfuckingwowowowshit. I will send many healing thoughts, and hope that stupid tendon knows it's place.
                      In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                      She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Thank you all - it DOES help.

Yes, breathing, meditation, heat therapy, etc do help and are helping. It's just that sometimes .. well. Pain management is pain management, not elimination.

When I wrote this, it was the middle of the night, my family was asleep, and I hurt too much to want to go and make a heat pad or anything like that.

The arm is much better today: it's still having flare-ups, but a combination of time, treatment from my myotherapist, and properly looking after the shoulder has helped it start to heal.

Of course, right now I should be sleeping, and I hurt too much to find a comfortable way to sleep .... :wry:

But thank you all for the compliments, as well as the support. It's helped me to hear them.
                        Seshat's self-help guide:
                        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

*snug hugs*

Comment

Working...
                          X