This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth flybye023 View Post
    Like Panacea and Maggie the cat said, I looked into insurance a few years ago before he was having any major issues and most places won't insure a cat over 10 years of age. Even owners who already had it would have been cut off once the cat turned 10.

*snip*
    Emphasis mine ... thanks for that bit of info. I have younger cats but won't bother with pet insurance if I'm going to be rewarded for getting my kitties past their decade mark by having their insurance cut off! I've read articles that suggest it's better to just open a savings account and make regular deposits in it -- hopefully by the time you need it, there will be a sizable sum in there.

Though I realize this is no help to you at the current time ...

There's some excellent suggestions already here, especially the one about finding another vet. Vets do have to pay their bills, like the rest of us, but if you're a longtime customer, they should be looking for a way to help you out. The vet I had in Niagara was awesome in that respect.

Would your kitty be more willing to let you clip his toenails if you bribe him? I usually train my cats to accept the clippers by giving them a treat ... then clipping a nail ... then another treat ... then another nail (or two, hopefully) ... and so on. Sometimes I can get through two or even all four () paws in one session, but if not, I spread it out over a few days.

Comment

Working...
    X