This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut-Ins

In TV, a cut-in is when a program or commercial suddenly interrupts another program or commercial. Sometimes, the results can be very comical.

"And here we see Cassandra in a red dress by Florino. It's a red dress with a plunging neck line in the front ..."
    "... and a 2.5 horse power motor in the rear."

"Your cat will enjoy ..."
    "... driving the new Mercedes-Benz SLX-470."

"We, the jury, find the defendant guilty of all charges. He is sentenced to ... "
    "... land hard on the metal rail right between the legs."

"A bull escaped onto the interstate today. It took the police 5 hours to finally wrangle him back to his trailer."
    "You'll find it at Texas Steakhouse."

"Dogs, like Chester here, ..."
    "... have been convicted of aggravated bank robbery and are currently serving 20 years in the federal pen in West Virginia."
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

One courtesy of Canadian simulcast rules (don't know if it still applies, but at the time, if a show was being broadcast simultaneously on a Canadian and a U.S. channel, Canadian cable companies were required to put the Canadian signal on both channels).

On Friday nights, CBS broadcast Dallas (also on CBC) immediately after the Dukes of Hazzard (also on CTV). There was a new soft drink (never caught on) called "SunApple". I was tuned in to the CBS channel, and this was during the break between DoH and Dallas:

What tastes like apple on ice? (switch from CTV feed to CBC feed)
    New adjustable mascara from Maybelene.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
      What tastes like apple on ice? (switch from CTV feed to CBC feed)
      New adjustable mascara from Maybelene.
      That's funny.

My satellite provider doesn't time its commercials with the channel's commercials, so cut-ins are common. There was one that started with a lawyer's announcement of a class-action lawsuit that got cut in by a commercial promoting TruTV's show "Lizard Lick Towing." Unfortunately, I don't think the admins and moderators would have let me post that result.

Let's just say that it started with the term "Attention Women," and ended with the word "licked."
      This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Working...
      X