This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody wish me luck

Just got back from an MRI of my lower back and three xrays of my right knee.

Looks like this might be the second time I get surgery for Christmas.

sigh

Oh no! Good luck, hope all goes well *hugs*
    Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
    What's the difference?
    We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Hopefully they default to PT! I had a bone bruise on my knee in July, will be done with six weeks of PT by Thanksgiving, and it's done wonders.i love my therapist, when I'm not cursing him out for being a sadist...

Comment

And let me guess, he just laughs more as the cursing gets louder and more colorful.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Nah, we're past the point of PT I'm afraid. My GP's tentative diagnosis was 'spinal stenosis' and 'cartilage catching in the kneecap movement'.

Both of which translate to 'let's cut Morgana up'.

We'll see what the xrays say . . .

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
            Nah, we're past the point of PT I'm afraid. My GP's tentative diagnosis was 'spinal stenosis' and 'cartilage catching in the kneecap movement'.

Both of which translate to 'let's cut Morgana up'.

We'll see what the xrays say . . .
            Get a second opinion before you have surgery. Always a good practice, unless it's an emergency.
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Well, this kinda is the second opinion. I first started looking for help with the pain back when I lived in Topeka. The doctors there couldn't find anything wrong, so I've just been living with it.

Problem is, the pain has gotten radically worse. Not sure how much longer I *can* 'just live with it'.

Surgery would actually be a relief; I hate being on drugs.

Again, I don't know yet what the scans will show. If it's something they can fix, great. If not . . .

Comment

Well, I have an appointment with the orthopod on Tuesday. We'll see what he has to say.

Comment

I'll cross my fingers for you. My surgery isn't until mid January. And unless they can't find the parts it will be a relatively simple 'replace the plastic parts of the hip replacement'. Of course the original was put in in April 1991, so if they can't find the parts....

Comment

I'll cross my fingers for you, too, then.

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                      Just got back from an MRI of my lower back and three xrays of my right knee.

Looks like this might be the second time I get surgery for Christmas.

sigh
                      I guess I should stop complaining about getting socks
                      “The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
                      ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                        Well, I have an appointment with the orthopod on Tuesday. We'll see what he has to say.
                        I'm sorry for your troubles but I thought you wrote 'arthropod' there for a minute and I wondered how one of those could make it through medical school!

Good luck to you. Pain sucks.
                        ''Sugar cane and coffee cups, copper, steel, and cattle. An annotated history the forest for the fire. Where we propagate confusion primitive and wild. Welcome to the occupation''

Comment

I'm back. Good news and bad news:

Good news: They're not cutting me up for Christmas.

Bad news: They can't do much for the knee beyond cortisone shots. Which f*** with my (already wonky) blood sugar.

More bad news: They're planning on cutting me up, but I have to lose eighty pounds first.

I love my body, and my body loves me . . .

Comment

Working...
                          X