This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to bathe a cat

Step 1: fill up watering can ready to water the plants.
    Step 2: water plants, as cat follows you.
    Step 3: when you have finished watering all the plants, drizzle the remaining water back and forth in front of the cat.
    Step 4: watch as he attempts to 'catch" the dangly thing, only to run completely underneath and get his head and shoulders wet.

Now it wouldn't be so strange if he did it once, but he did it twice in a row!
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Hehe...my boycat used to try to catch the water in the bathtub. Though when I closed the drain and it started to rise around his feet he backed off pretty quick.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

My friend has a cat who refuses to drink from a bowl. When she wants water, she'll sit next to the tap in the sink. Someone will have to go and turn it on slightly so the water falls gently out of it, and then the cat will stick her head forward and drink.

Cats are weeiirrdd.
      My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
      It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

I saw the thread title, and thought you were posting a link to this:

Cat Bathing as a Martial Art

Comment

I've never read that before, but it's hilarious!

I had to clean off both my cats after the six-hour drive from Niagara to Windsor ("somebody" had an unfortunate accident in the shared travel cage) and the first thing I thought of when I got to mom's house and got them inside was go to the bathroom AND SHUT THE DOOR ... otherwise I'd have been chasing wet, soapy, ANGRY cats all over the house.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
            My friend has a cat who refuses to drink from a bowl. When she wants water, she'll sit next to the tap in the sink. Someone will have to go and turn it on slightly so the water falls gently out of it, and then the cat will stick her head forward and drink.

Cats are weeiirrdd.
            My cousin's wife's cat did that. Luckily they had a small kitchen island that was off to the side away from the main part of the kitchen, with a small sink in it. So that was the cat's drinking fountain.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

My maternal grandmother apparently once tried to bathe their cat when he got into some grease on the driveway. She ended up getting stitches in her hand.

Mabel likes to drink from the faucet, but we don't keep one going for her. She'll jump up on the bathroom or kitchen counter and do her squeaky meow to ask for the water to be turned on.
              "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Baxter loves to drink from the bathtub faucet. I don't leave it on all the time, but it does drip a bit after I've turned it off. He'll jump into the still-wet tub to lick the faucet. Then he freaks out if water gets on his face. Sally on the other hand...really doesn't like the faucet.

Of the two, only Baxter has received a bath. Shortly after adoption, he got a nasty cut on his neck from his collar. He went nuts when I turned the water on, but settled down when the warmth hit him. Never tried that with Sally...but I'm sure if I did, she'd claw the shit out of me
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Just remember, that if a cat is on its back, five of its six ends are pointy.

Comment

I had to work my cat over when he found the glue trap the former owners of our house left behind.

And this was the cat that I referred to as "wiry." >_<

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Okay, gotta post a link to the Woody cat drinking water!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KswnjMa-MQ
                      There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Two words. Leather Gloves.
                        The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

One word.

Don't.
                          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

what's even stranger is that normally when we have the water stream going, he'll bat at the water stream.
                            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

One of the previous cats my parents had, if the water in the dish wasn't good enough, he would turn on a random tap for a drink, then just walk away afterwards.

The current cat, water doesn't seem to phase him at all. He's wanted to go out during a heavy thunderstorm, and there is a water bottle for when he does something bad (like attack the screens on the windows). First cat I have ever met who will just sit there after several squirts from the water bottle, look at you, and deliberately attack the window screen, again.

Comment

Working...
                              X