This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Her Name is Woefully Inaccurate

There is a CVS about three blocks from my office. We go there occasionally for the usual stuff. For several years, starting when it was still a Long's, there was a very nice female employee and male employee who worked during the day. They were helpful, friendly, efficient, just awesome employees and people. I don't know what happened, but I haven't seen them lately. My assumption is a change in management, or crap from Corporate. Whatever. Unfortunately, this has resulted in the hiring of Angelica.

Angelica is NOTHING like her name. She is short-tempered, rude, bitter, accusatory, and seriously unpleasant to deal with. After not shopping there for a while, I went in last week to pick up some OTC medicine. There was still a ton holiday items on clearance, 75% off, so I grabbed a package of candy and a box of tissues with Christmas ornaments on them, the rest of my shopping and went to the register. And that's when it began.

A: This is not on sale. *gestures at tissue*
    Me: Yes, it is. It was in the holiday clearance section.
    A: No, see, it's not. *she points at the price on the monitor*
    Me: Yes, it is. It's a holiday item. All holiday items are on clearance.
    A: No, it's not. (yes, we are getting to playground level already)
    Me: Yes, it is.
    A: No, it's not.
    Me: Yes, it is. See the Christmas ornaments on the sides. (I do a Vanna towards the box) ALL holiday items are on clearance.
    A: No, it's not. It's regular price.
    (lather, rinse, repeat three more times)
    Me: It's a holiday item. I'll show you.
    A: Show me.
    (She follows me to the location. There's a price marker for $1.50, which is not 75% off, but is over 50% off. I don't care. I just want my pretty red box of Kleenex. She tears the sticker off the shelf, grabs a green holiday box of tissue, and we go back to the register)
    A: Sometimes only one color is on sale. (she scans the green box which comes up full price. She mumbles to herself)
    A: I'll change it to $1.50. (she voids one box, then rerings at $1.50. I don't care at this point that it's not 75% off, I need to get to work)
    Me: This shows that you only voided one box, you need to void both.
    A: No, it's off.
    Me: It's showing on the display here. (I point at the card machine, which displays the items)
    A: It's not on there. It's been removed.
    Me: It's still showing here.
    (lather, rinse, repeat twice more)
    A: See, it's off here. (she turns her monitor to show me that it's only displaying one charge, which has been voided)
    Me: Okay.
    (We finish the rest of the transaction in silence and I am out the door as quickly as I can. Apparently, she did a price check on the box, which showed on my display as being charged, but did not show the same way on hers. Instead of explaining this, she does the troll under the bridge maneuver)

I told a friend about it, and as I told her, I suddenly realized that the evil A has struck before. My friend and I had stopped in a couple of months before and there were composition books on display on clearance. She grabbed a couple and they rang up full price. She then had her own experience that was almost an exact repeat of the one above. Finally, a manager came and took care of it.

But this long, boring story doesn't end there. We decided to stock up on the wonderful brand-name tissue, so we went back. The tissue had been moved to a shelf right in the middle of clearance. We grabbed four boxes each and got in line. And it happened again.

This time we had to stand around while Evil A called for a manager three times. It took three times, because she made absolutely no attempt to speak clearly on the overhead. Her request sounded something like, "Mitsbligglepurg neeto funt." Finally a shift supervisor showed up. But we still didn't get 75% off. He marked the boxes down to $.99, and we were so fed up we took them and left.

The only time I am ever going there again is to talk to the manager.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

That chick has no business being in customer service. Sounds like a long lost relative of Little Brat who used to work at the Subway that I frequent. Her answer was usually "Nuh uh!" like a little kid would say.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Just before Christmas there was a new employee at the local Border's who had absolutely no customer service skills. I haven't seen him since. But I was willing to give him some leeway, as I made the assumption, based on my Sherlock Holmes sleuthing, that he had probably lost a tech job that had nothing to do with people and was totally new to this. Apparently, it didn't work out, because I haven't seen him since.

But this is every frikkin' time we go in. And I just tried to call the store to talk to a manager, and that's not even working right. The main line kept hanging up on me. I selected photo, and ended up on hold for over seven minutes (I called on my cell so I know) without anyone even bothering to pick up to say they were busy. I miss Long's.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

If that Kleenex is what I think it is, that line about "only certain colors are on clearance" is something brown and stinky left by a horse.

All the different colors of Kleenex boxes are mixed up in the shipping case and they all have the same UPC. So if one color box is on clearance, all the others should be too.

And the holiday boxes of Kleenex have totally different UPCs from the ones carried the rest of the year.

And now you know more about Kleenex than you probably should.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Sounds more like someone isn't updating the PLU file as they should. That's probably a corporate issue, not that this excuses her attitude.

Yeah, the CVS I go to used to be a SavOn, and the service level plummeted a few weeks after the transfer. We even have a pharmacist who won't dispense pharmaceuticals a doctor has prescribed because she disagrees with the diagnosis/prognosis he made.

Example: we recently lost our son, my wife's psychiatrist prescribed a large amount of valium to help her deal, in addition to the ativan he has her on - on a very strict schedule, though. The pharmacist filled but refused to release the prescription, until we a) showed her the doctor's instructions, and b) told her to call him if she doubted it. (He also has her on both ambien and ambien cr, which she always notes as "do not take both." She's been on it for years to deal with her other meds, she needs the cr to go to sleep and the regular to go back to sleep in the middle of the night, he carefully monitors it, and the pharmacist has no right to override his decisions as they are made carefully, with all due consideration, and extensive discussion. If he were being sloppy, maybe okay, but he isn't.)

And we can't go to the local Long's instead, that's been bought out. Maybe it's time to switch to Rite-Aid, Walgreen's, Target, Albertson's/SavOn, or even Wally World -- all of which are so near to us that CVS should be FIGHTING to keep our business.
          I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Actually OP's Angelica sounds exactly like her namesake....

Y'know....

Angelica from Rugrats.
            "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
            Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Off topic, my sister's childhood best friend is the child Angelica is based off of. She had hearing issues that were undiagnosed for a while.

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
                We even have a pharmacist who won't dispense pharmaceuticals a doctor has prescribed because she disagrees with the diagnosis/prognosis he made.

Example: we recently lost our son, my wife's psychiatrist prescribed a large amount of valium to help her deal, in addition to the ativan he has her on - on a very strict schedule, though. The pharmacist filled but refused to release the prescription, until we a) showed her the doctor's instructions, and b) told her to call him if she doubted it. (He also has her on both ambien and ambien cr, which she always notes as "do not take both." She's been on it for years to deal with her other meds, she needs the cr to go to sleep and the regular to go back to sleep in the middle of the night, he carefully monitors it, and the pharmacist has no right to override his decisions as they are made carefully, with all due consideration, and extensive discussion. If he were being sloppy, maybe okay, but he isn't.)
                She's going around it completely the wrong way, but that is part of an RPh's job. One doctor might prescribe something, but not be aware that the patient is taking something prescribed by a different doctor and if those two are taken together, it could kill the patient. Sometimes, it's the same damn doctor. Drug-drug interactions are one of the most common medical misadventures out there.
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
                  Actually OP's Angelica sounds exactly like her namesake....

Y'know....

Angelica from Rugrats.
                  I had wondered when this would pop up. I thought of the same thing too when i read about this.

Comment

Working...
                  X