This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An interesting threat....

OK, bit o background: one of my loyalty cards has a website where you can suggest ideas. I'm not going to put up said website, but I thought this would be an interesting one to put up here. You can't post comments on it anyway unless you're a member. The offer this post is talking about is for the fuel vouchers. There is a rule that is in the fine print and is made clear to a lot of people: basically, if you get any voucher higher than the standard one (which is 4c/L), that voucher gets used first (so if you had a 12c, then 4c, then 8c vouchers, you'd use the 12c, then the 8c, then the 4c) to prevent it from not being used.

Here's the post:

This system is designed to cheat customers even more than the fixed savings amount (versus percentage). I had two 8 cent fuel savings and a bonus 15 cents fuel voucher. Because the system draws the 15 cents first, one of my 8 cents was cancelled before I used it, although it was valid when the 15 cents was drawn automatically by the computer. This is equivalent to stealing and a vulgar act. I only shop a <company> to get fuel vouchers, so I guess I am reconsidering my options, and waiting on their response to my Contact email before contacting consumer affairs.
    Three things wrong with this:

1) the vouchers never get CANCELLED, they just expire. If you don't use them within the month timeframe, then too bad so sad. (this applies to the paper ones as well)
    2) the company WILL respond, but they will check his records as well.
    3) the ACCC will not listen to him if the company can show them the T & C.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...
Working...
X