This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe if you listened

Last week I was in one of the local supermarket picking up few items. I was near the bakery and saw the clerk putting out some fresh bread. I decided to grab a loaf. it was still warm and very soft. A older grumpy man grabs one and stomps over the counter.

OGM: Hellloooooooooo! Helllooooooooo!
    Employee: Can I help you?
    OGM: *thrust bread towards employee*
    E: Do you want that sliced?
    OGM: Yes! What did you think?
    E: *takes bread* Sir, this is still too warm to slice. It will just get crushed. I have few I just sliced about 10 minutes go out if you want one of those.
    OGM: Now, young man, I have been around for 73 years. If I say slice this bread you better do it!

The employee slices it. I was able to watch from the side while I pretended to browse and could see the bread go from 6" high to about two. The clerk bags up this pathetic bread and hand it to OGM.

OGM: What the hell it this!!!? It's all crushed. Keep slicing bread until you can do it right. I don't care if it takes every damn loaf.
    E: Sir, let me get a manager.
    OGM: Fine, you wimp!

I finally decided to get involved.

Me: Sir, that employee was very polite to you and explained what would happen if he sliced that loaf of bread. You refused to listen and got a poor quality product. I will gladly stick around when the manager comes to tell them what happened, should your story be different.
    OGM: Even the customers at <store> are assholes! I see you all hate old people!

He stomps out leaving behind a cart with 30-40 items in it. The manager arrives a minute or two later and after the employee tells them who it is, they blow it off. Seems OGM is a raging asshole all the time who only come out trying to get discounts because they don't/never had a senior citizen discount.

My answer would have been then:

- It's because idiots like you trash people's respect for elders

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
      Me: Nah, just the crazy ones.

Mmm...warm fresh bread....
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

If he's been around for 73 years, wouldn't he know that bread fresh from the oven needs a few minutes before it can be sliced?

Oh wait, there I go with that logic thing again.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
          If he's been around for 73 years, wouldn't he know that bread fresh from the oven needs a few minutes before it can be sliced?

How could you use logic....don't you ever learn?
          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Logic, it is a lost art.

Some of my favorite phrases are "My <insert somebody they know that is some relation or other here> said that this would do that. They should know they are a <insert somebody who SHOULD be an expert in whatever>"

Answer : Obviously not, because the laws of physics, nature, reality (pick one..or all) do not work that way. Feel free to take it to this magical Guru. Go away now.

"I've seen this work like this!"

Answer : Perhaps, but the question is..what drugs were you on..and why are you not sharing! Go away now.

"You are wrong, I've done it that way before!"

Answer : Then why exactly are you asking me to do it, as you apparently can do it better? Go away now.

"Why is this not working, I've done this a thousand times and it never seems to work!"

Answer : Maybe..I don't know..try something different? Oh yeah, I forgot .. insanity and all that. Go away now.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

It's like when I order a cheesesteak or a chickensteak sandwich and ask for no cheese, I get looks like I'm crazy. Maybe I'm lactose intolerant (I'm not), asshole, and that's why I don't want cheese. And maybe half the time they remember not to put cheese on my sandwich.
              "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth blas View Post

73 years ago, his mamma was making his bread for him. He never had to put a lick of work in a kitchen, that's "women's work."
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

No sympathy from me. Eventually, we all need to learn to wipe our own asses.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                  X