Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to do that with a lot of movies, TV shows, etc.

But my family and I plan movie/TV watching sessions with me, expect it, and my husband has the remote in hand.

"Honey?"
    <press pause>
    "Who is that, and blah blah blah?"
    <explanation>
    "Ah. Thanks."
    <press rewind briefly, play>

It really doesn't help that I have LOUSY facial recognition skills.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I have nothing against teenagers, but they seem the absolute worst with this. Drives me crazy. Half the time though, it isn't about the movie. It's about something else, or on a phone, or something. Just want to drag them out of the theater and see how far they can fly.

As for 'what is happening' etc, my dad is bad about that when watching a show. Half the time I have to honestly say "I don't know." That is a bit annoying, but not anywhere near the "Yeah RIGHT." he does. IE I am watching a 'live action' superhero story and they do something humans can't. Or an action show that uses 'convenient plot devices' (like somebody hoping in a random car and being able to take off in it without a key or hotwireing it). Though my whole family is bad about doing the "You are goinna get yourself in trouble!" or "Don't go in there!" etc. No we don't honestly think they can hear us. We also do it ONLY in the privacy of our own home.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
        bleh.
        spoilers in case someone doesn't know what happens in the movie (i went to wiki myself cos... yeah bleh)
        (just the thought of self amputation creeps me out. i mean it's one thing to have a doctor do it when you're unconscious but to have to do it yourself... *shudder*)
        I wouldn't really call that spoilers (I keep hearing it like River Song says it) since it was all over the news. Of course, people don't pay attention to the news anymore, so....

That always cracks me up when people don't know the ending of a movie based on real events. Yes, the bear ate him, the boat sank, the poachers killed her, and they ate the ones killed in the plane crash.
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
          My mother was always saying "what did they say"...and it drove me fucking nuts.
          Aah... that's me. I thought it was our ancient crap television that had a bad sound system, but it actually happens with a lot of TVs. Not movies in the theater, that's loud enough that I can't miss anything, but it happens a lot with TV and radio. I should probably get my ears checked.

Comment

Re the feeling you got after that film: apparaently you weren't the only one.
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
              Of course, back in the silent movie days, this kind of thing was the norm.

Recent immigrants, who couldn't read English yet, would go to the movies with their kids who'd learned English in school, and every time an intertitle would come up on screen, from all over the theater you'd hear in Yiddish, Italian, Russian and twenty other languages, "WHAT DOES IT SAY!"
              had something similar happen to me when i was in port louis, maritious for a port visit while on deployment.

during the start of the movie, when all the russian soldiers are talking, the subtitles were in french. so i had no clue what was happening. tho... instead of yelling out, i ... actually i fell asleep.

Comment

Bf and I watched The Count Of Monte Cristo the other night (nothing else was on, I've seen that movie multiple times both in English and French) and I swear, that is one of the easiest movies to understand....not for him, apparently.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Mr Jedi can be bad about this too. Not at movies in the theater, though. He has trouble hearing conversational tones sometimes so I have to try to remember what the character just said so I can repeat it to him. It gets really annoying when he walks in the middle of a movie/show and starts asking questions about what's going on. He also has a bad habit of playing on the computer while I watch anime and then interrupts every few minutes because he doesn't know what's happening. It drives me nuts. Especially since a lot of the animes I like to watch are mind-screwy in the first place.
                  I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Working...
                  X