Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People get 3 excuse mes as I can be fairly quiet. Mostly I just don't want to come acrosss as rude right out of the gate. They get one normal "excuse me" the 2nd is a bit louder incase they didn't hear me, and the 3rd is louder still with a tiny bit of attitude. If that doesn't work, it's guns blazing with a "Will you f**king move it?"

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
      This time, though, I think he was worried I was gonna bite the woman.
      And very afraid you might get maddumb-cow disease from the she/it.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Hahahah Pulling a Lupo. I think you've just started a trend because I'm going to call it that from now on.
        Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Quoth Frantic Freddie View Post
          I hate the ones who'll stop dead at the bottom of the escalator & start babbling,making everybody practically run into them.
          I have run into them. And left without an apology.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I'm so scared of escalators that I treat them almost like a stair-stepper at the gym if I'm going up
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
              My favorite is the person that has their shopping cart on one side of the aisle and him(or her) self between the cart and the other side of the aisle, thus blocking said aisle.
              Gods, I hate those people!

Or the ones that leave their cart perpendicular to the aisle and then walk down almost to the other end of the aisle to get something and come back.

And something I've been seeing particularly at Sunflower. They'll park the cart somewhere, usually in the produce section and then go all over the store and bring back stuff.

What I don't get is that the last two, doesn't that cause you more work than just taking the damned cart with you?

Not to mention the added bonus of not having one of us try to kill you....
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I hate those "family reunion" types. Eight people in the middle of an aisle all yakking away like morons.

The worst case I ever ran into, though, was at a Greyhound bus station. I was in some little station in the dead of night, sleep-deprived and cranky as all hell, trying to get back to my bus before it left. Two fools were standing in my way and Would. Not. Move. I had to get past; where they were standing, there was no room to go around. I said "Excuse me" three or four times, getting louder each time until I was screaming, and they totally ignored me. I finally shoved right between them, swearing like the proverbial sailor, and made it to the bus just before they shut the door. For all I know the two idiots are still standing there talking.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  I hate those "family reunion" types. Eight people in the middle of an aisle all yakking away like morons.
                  I ran into a variation of this today at Barnes & Noble. Father and 4 or 5 kids. They were waiting for someone to finish checking out. All well and good, except they were milling around, blocking the damn door. Dad's just standing there, drooling, until one of them almost mowed me down.

I must also point out that this around 3pm and I've been up since 5:30am (gotta love OT....not). By this point my brain-to-mouth filter was gone. I kind of loudly pointed out that they shouldn't be standing in the middle of the door like that.

Completely OT - Why the hell is it lately that where I've been hearing the most screaming kids is B&N?
                  It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I often find myself saying, "Hey guys, this is a fun conversation, why don't we move out of the way of people who are trying to get through?" And everyone else says, "What? Oh!" People just don't think about where they are in physical space.

I'll say a polite "excuse me" once, then a louder one as I push past.

Comment

I used the "ex-CUSE me" phrase a couple of times with these biddies. Nothing tends to help when they've got Talking About The Children (or The Wedding, or The Pregnancy, or... you get the idea) on the brain.

I've warned Fiance that next time I run into that, I'm not holding back.

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
                        Pull a Lupo, huh? Um. Yay...? I think? I'm a verb, adverb, AND noun?? o.O
                        Yup. You're Lupo-tastic.

As for people being in the way and oblivious...why does this remind me of the sims in the Sims 2? Stupid creatures stand in the doorway/opening. Augh. Art imitates life, I guess.
                        Last edited by RootedPhoenix; 01-17-2011, 09:06 AM. Reason: fixing
                        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                        -----
                        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
                        X