This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uhm...FedEX?

Okay so anyways, I ordered something delievered by FedEX. For some reason, the tracking stuff doesn't seem to be...that reliable. o-o So evidently according to them it was going to be delivered by January 13th. Instead I look again...it says it was delivered on January 12th at 9:45 AM.

Uhm...No it wasn't. o-O According to the tracking thing, it went from China to Hong Kong to Memphis (Maybe it went west. *shrugs* Then it stayed in Memphis, Tennessee for a couple days before going out to...

...Anchorage? o-O

Then it somehow went from Anchorage, Alaska to Colorado in, according to them, twenty one minutes. Damn, that's some fast jets you got there. Except that evidently it was delivered at 9:45 AM Alaska time - When I changed it to mountain time it actually showed it all in mountain time, yet teh destination time was in Alaska time.

Uhm...FedEX?
    Kangaroo Squee!

My brother ordered me a bottle of whiskey that was shipped UPS. It had to have someone over 21 sign for it, and he shipped it to my house, where no one is home during the day. So I had to go to their depot to pick it up, which is a long drive from my house, plus a long wait for my turn at the desk. A week later I get a postcard from UPS that says I have a package that will be sent back to the shipper if I don't pick it up that night. The shipper listed on the card is not any company I recognize, and not the one that shipped the whiskey. I blow another evening driving down to the UPS depot only to find that it refers to the whiskey package, they mailed the card the day I picked it up! Thanks a bunch. They had no explanation for the weird return address.

Somebody else must have a DHL story...
    Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
    TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

Don't get me started on UPS, we've flat out blacklisted them out here because they seem to be doing a very poor job of saying "We're better than the USPS".

I mean...really? USPS may have taken longer, but they haven't:
      -Charged us for stuff we did not order or send through them, threatened to sue us when we refused to pay, then said "oh whoops accident!" without saying they were sorry
      -Gave us a computer with the insides in PIECES after literally rolling it down the stairs. out of the truck, as if they thought the "Fragile" sticker was some kind of french brand ("WHAM! WHAM! WHAM!")
      -Walked up, put a "we missed you" Sticker on the door without even knocking or ringing the doorbell. Then the next day when we signed saying "Leave it here, it's okay", put another "we missed you" sticker right next to the signed one.
      -Sent something we asked for a two-day delivery from Houston to Alaska where it sat over the weekend before spending another day with it lying in Alaska and by the time we got it, it was over four business days later. (Five days total including Sunday)

At least when we used USPS to send small packages in those orange-yellow wrappings, they got there.
      Kangaroo Squee!

Comment

I got a UPS package yesterday...except I didn't. I get an email saying it was delivered, released (left) at the front door. Yet when I go down to get the mail, no box.

We know UPS was at the building because there were 2 other packages (neither was mine). According to someone I spoke to on the phone today, they can't do anything because the tracking number has been scanned as driver released (that may be true, but I never saw the box).
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Ha!

I sent a part to a guy in New Jersey from our shop in Florida. The guy called me to verify the address I sent it to (it was correct, BTW) because the USPS tracking showed the package in California.

It got to the guy like a day later and the guy was really cool about it (not our fault and he knew it), but really?? I don't have many problems with USPS, but that one was a doozy!
          "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

I have a DHL story for you guys :P

Bought some stuff from Japan, nothing major, and the shipper (Amazon) decided to ship it via DHL. Yeah, thanks for that.

Checking the shipping tracker a couple days later at work, it says that package delivery was attempted... in Salt Lake. I live in not Salt Lake. Go home later, and the "sorry, you didn't answer the door" slip is there, but really? How do you show tracking to the wrong *state*?

Protip: Always use EMS when shipping from East Asia. Quick (crap gets there in about a week), cheap (for international...), and they haven't screwed up yet.

Comment

Our company mostly ships UPS and we have daily pickup around 3:30pm. Right before 5pm, a guy calls from within *my city*, questioning why UPS delivered a package to his door. A package that had been picked up the hour before and was supposed to ship to the other end of the country by UPS Ground. Yet it was delivered same-day to this random guy's porch within *my city*.

I called UPS and had a lengthy conversation with a CSR, trying to convince them it was delivered incorrectly...they just wouldn't get it.

Me: This package was delivered to the wrong address
              CSR: I show it was delivered this afternoon to X address in *my city*
              Me: Yes, but that's the wrong address
              CSR: I show it was delivered this afternoon to X address in *my city*
              Me: Yes, but that's the wrong address
              CSR: The driver left it on the porch at X address in *my city*
              Me: ....
              Me: What address do you show it should have been delivered to?
              CSR: Y address in *state far away*
              Me: Is that different from where it was delivered?
              CSR: Yes
              Me: ....
              Me: Do you see how that's a problem?
              CSR: Are you saying it should not have been delivered to X address in *my city*?
              Me: *sigh* Why was it delivered to *my city* when it should have shipped to *state far away*?
              CSR: Was this supposed to ship to *my city*?
              Me: (getting frustrated) No. It was supposed to ship to *state far away*. Why would UPS deliver it to a completely different and incorrect address? It makes no sense! How will you fix it?
              CSR: We will stop by and pick up the package for redelivery.
              Me: Thank you.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                <SNIP>Me: *sigh* Why was it delivered to *my city* when it should have shipped to *state far away*?
                CSR: Was this supposed to ship to *my city*?
                Me: (getting frustrated) No. It was supposed to ship to *state far away*. Why would UPS deliver it to a completely different and incorrect address? It makes no sense! How will you fix it?
                CSR: We will stop by and pick up the package for redelivery.
                Me: Thank you.
                Sounds like a broken script at the call centre to me. When corporate spend millions to create scripts to improve efficiency, they get a mite touchy about people deiviating from them. That in turn makes the call centre employees switch their brain off while working - especially when a satisfied customer plus off-script means in trouble, while dissatisfied customer plus on-script means not in trouble.
                Last edited by Dave1982; 01-13-2011, 08:45 PM. Reason: trim quotes!

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                  We know UPS was at the building because there were 2 other packages (neither was mine). According to someone I spoke to on the phone today, they can't do anything because the tracking number has been scanned as driver released (that may be true, but I never saw the box).
                  This is incorrect. We ship things to customer using UPS all the time, and yes, they do lose packages.

You'll need to put in a claim with them that it was not actually delivered. This will trigger an investigation. You will also need to contact the person/company who sent the item. You may need to fight them a bit about this but be persistent.

Some employees are corrupt. Some people mark packages as being delivered, but they just keep the packages themselves.

Comment

Quoth Hyndis View Post
                    Some employees are corrupt. Some people mark packages as being delivered, but they just keep the packages themselves.
                    Though it's usually something less evil, like miscommunication, improper scanning, losing labels, trucks running over packages, etc. About 10 years ago (before UPS's current fancy tracking technology), a tracking number showed my package as delivered and signed by *unknown name*. I called UPS twice and got the same explanation. I was going to call the seller company the next day to complain, but lo, my neighbor knocked on the door & delivered the package. Seems the driver gave it to a neighbor in my apt complex and had him sign for it. This was back when UPS still did that.
                    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

It had to have someone over 21 sign for it, and he shipped it to my house,
                      At least UPS actually had you sign for it. The UPS guy where I use to live would have me sign for anything I received...

the Fed Ex guy never did that. He/she just left packages at the door... including alcohol.
                      Last edited by PepperElf; 01-13-2011, 01:05 PM.

Comment

My UPS package was there this morning; we think they screwed up on Monday and couldn't get here yesterday until late because of the snow. Eh, no biggie; I got it, but the mistake is a bit puzzling (unless the boxes were scanned at the truck and the driver discovered s/he couldn't carry them all, or just forgot to grab it).
                        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

At my last job, we had a UPS shipment go AWOL. UPS couldn't find it, and there was no indication that it had been delivered. Last tracking they had was "on truck for delivery." They finally found it 2 weeks later, behind the seat of the same truck it was supposed to be on for delivery.....

Best part? It was a payroll shipment. 300 paychecks that had to have stop payments and be reissued. UPS ended up paying for all the fees, etc. Not sure, but I think the driver got fired for it too.

We used DHL after that.
                          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Hyndis View Post
                            I've seen them mark packages as delivered, only to have them show up a few hours later. At the mall, the UPS driver would scan them all as deliverered when he took them off the truck. Often, I would have to complain about my "10am guaranteed" packages showing up late in the afternoon, only to find out that they were "delivered" at 9:00am.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                              This was back when UPS still did that.
                              UPS still does that. Had something delivered to a neighbor just last year. Thankfully, they brought it over that evening. If I'd been thinking, I would have had it sent to my work.

DHL is an awful way to ship to the US, as they tend to use the USPS for final delivery, and some USPS offices just don't give a rat's ass about DHL shipments. I had one DHL package sit in the local USPS office for nearly 5 weeks before they decided to sort it and hand it over. Our shipping guy went in twice with the DHL tracking printout asking them why we didn't have it, yet. They claimed it wasn't there. Liars.

My favorite shipping fiasco story is the tale of UPS taking a container of Overnight shipments that was to go from southern California to northern California, and sending them on tour through Ireland. Some lost their job over that one, I'm sure.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X