Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I really should not have ordered from you...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really should not have ordered from you...

Ok... blah blah blah getting married. </bg>

So far, I have had a Bridezilla free wedding planning process. I attribute this to not caring if the colours don't exactly match, insisting on non-matching flower arrangements and not acting like everything is the be all and end all of our wedding.

However. I can feel a Bridezilla moment rising. I ordered from an online retailer (just a garter and a box that guests can slip gift envelopes into if they've brought gifts). Let's call them the Online Matrimonial Store (OMS)

I placed the order on Christmas, and I knew they were closed until the 1st of January. I sent a polite follow up email on the 3rd of January and received an automated reply. A few hours later, I was told that I would receive confirmation of my order shortly. Shortly to me means a few hours, maybe half a day (please correct me if I'm wrong). I sent a follow up request 18 hours after the reply (afternoon of the next day - 4th Jan). Automated response, and nothing else.

I then gave them 2 days, and mailed again on the 6th. After sending a slightly frustrated request for feedback (no cusswords, just a "please let me know what's going on!")

I got this response:

Good Day iradney

As we have previously responded, we are currently processing all our orders.
    As we explained, we do not currently have the garter you ordered in stock
    and we are trying to make a plan to get one to you in time for your wedding.
    I am trying to get ETA on our stock delivery, which I should have latest
    tomorrow morning.

kind Regards,
    Lady at MOS
    No-one told me about the garter not being in stock, and I told them as much. No reply as usual.

A full WEEK after they re-opened, I received an email confirming my order; and telling me about the garter being out of stock, and suggesting another one.

I replied back saying "Please may I have X garter, and can you please advise on an estimated arrival date of the goods?" (Monday morning 8 am)

Automated reply? You betcha. Actual Reply? Nope.

Sent a follow up mail on Wednesday morning. Automated reply? We're old friends by now! Actual Reply? Don't make me laugh.

After NO reply (not even a "I'm not sure, lemme check for you and get back to you" - which I would have loved to have gotten), I sent the following mail this evening:

You know, I'm getting a little tired of being ignored. The automated response is not cutting it, and waiting over 4 working days for a response is simply not on.

Cancel my order, refund my money and I'll be sure not to recommend MOS to my friends.
    I work in CS. I support and deal with the 20% of the clients that are responsible for 80% of our revenue. If I don't have an answer, I at least send a response so they don't feel like I'm ignoring them, or forgotten about them. I think requesting feedback deserves some sort of response, or am I an EW?
    The report button - not just for decoration

entirely NOT an EW! they didn't inform you the FIRST time that they were out of stock then to say like we said the first time aka lying...and then not reply at all. Yeah major fail.

Maybe they didn't expect as many orders as they got during their break but to ignore anyone like that is bad. You were not rude at all until they started becoming rude. And are within your rights to ask for a refund.

Comment

And a reply! Yet again I was "told" that my order would be shipping by the end of the week. I looked and looked through my mails and found no such notification. This is the second time I've been "told" something, and they cannot seem to provide proof.

Then I got the excuse that they get alot of mails, and they're out on road picking up stock as well, and can not always reply to mails. (The lady mailing me is one of the owners, FYI).

If they're too stingy to hire someone to help out, it's honestly not my problem. It's also not like I was sending mails every half an hour. I allowed 2 working days for response between this weeks mails. (Monday morning, Wednesday Morning, This evening). They couldn't respond within 48 hours?

I also checked on their site - they "guarantee" orders will be processed within 48 hours. It took them a week (from the followup mail sent on 3 Jan to 10 Jan).

I've sent another request for the order to be cancelled.

Comment

Depending on how many people ordered from them, and if it's a global company we could be talking millions, especally since people love doing wierd dates, and this year does have 11/11/11 in it, they mave have been insanely backed up and had to rely on the automatic replier while they shift through the masses of email. That's the only excuse I could give them, but even then they should have hired more workers for the work load.

If it's a small company? No excuse and you were right.
        Military Spouse Support.
        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

How did you pay?

If you paid with a credit card, it's a good idea to give the CC company a heads up to cancel the payment or to not authorize any payments to that company (if they haven't charged you yet) because there's a good chance they'll ignore your last couple emails and try to take your money anyways.

And no, you are NOT an EW. Their CS is terrible.

Comment

i agree; no bridezilla moments there. you bought something in good faith that the seller would treat you with consideration, as they should. did they? hell no; when they were out of stock, they didn't bother to inform you in a timely manner, giving you the option of cancelling or choosing another item.

they couldn't even be bothered to reply to you in a real email; automated doesn't cut it when there's a specific issue needing correction.

i'd say their whole operation needs an overhaul, not just the customer relations end; from your description, it sounds like the right hand isn't aware that the left hand is still on vacation.
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Not an EW. This place has lousy customer service, and I would have canceled my order after the first lie about the out of stock issue. You're getting all of the auto-replies, so it's not an issue with the address or spam filters - they just suck at communicating, and then lie to cover their asses.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Could it be possible they don't order the item till you do and pull the "Oh we're out of stock, but we'll get it in!" gambit?

Comment

Totally agree with chainedbarista and Andara - you ordered in good faith, they messed you around. It's not as if you had a complicated order which you then kept making changes to.

Have you got time to get these things elsewhere? Or is there someone you know you can trust to maybe make them for you?
                  Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

I'd order from somewhere else as back-up right away. How much you want to bet they send you the order even after you cancel it (and hopefully get your money refunded)? Sorry that put a glitch in your plans, hope everything else goes smoothly!
                    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

@Plaid - it's a local company, not a global one. They could easily have hired a temp to take care of the mails, but that's once again not my problem.

I got a confirmation that my order was cancelled (the first time anything was done promptly!!) and the money should be back in my account by Monday. (paid with credit card).

I already got a garter from the dress place, and the other thing I can probably make myself if I put my mind to it, so it's not a trainsmash. I'm just a bit bummed that I reccomended them to a friend of mine who'se getting married in Oct - she hasn't made any orders though, so I've dropped a word about the service to her so she knows.

Comment

I think you made the right decision there. They outright lied when they said they had informed you of the item being out of stock. That would have annoyed the hell out of me too.

I would have done exactly the same in your situation and I hope you get the money back without any problems

Comment

As a precaution, I took a screen shot of their T's and C's on the site, and I'm saving all my mails. Thankfully I chose to do everything in writing!

Comment

You were absolutely cool.
                            Had they replied with "Sorry, we seem to be having some issues, your order might be delayed", at least...
                            FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

they sound sucky
                              especially when they start pulling attitude and claiming that they told you ... when they never said a flippin' thing.

sounds like they are weddingstorezillas

Comment

Working...
                              X