Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I really should not have ordered from you...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny, they say that your order has been filled and is on its way, then suddenly they agree to cancel the order and refund your money? Yeah...no.

If you *do* wind up receiving something in the mail from them, according to my favorite Postal Service Guy ( Gary, I've given him the link to this site repeatedly), return it *unopened*. Give it the old "Return to Sender" and put it back in the mail and the sender is responsible for the shipping. If you open it, you're accepting receipt of it and you have to pay to return it. If you accept receipt of it, they may then have proof to convince your credit card company that you bought the item and are trying to pull a scam.

I agree with the others here, you did nothing wrong, were patient, polite, and clear in regards to what you wanted, and your requests were not out of line. Go in peace with the knowledge that thou hath not been a sucky customer.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Good luck getting that refund. I had a company I ordered from online take forever to ship, to the point where I requested a refund. They promised one, and took some pestering before I finally got it. Then the package they'd promised arrived anyway.

For the card box, how fancy were you thinking? You could make your own out of a cardboard box if it doesn't have to be some big, fancy house/castle/well setup. Take a box and tape it shut, then wrap it with some nice wedding-themed gift wrap. Cut a slit in the top large enough for cards. You can take it apart when you get home to get at the cards, and with it sealed like that, you don't have to worry about unscrupulous guests (like small, curious children) fishing the cards back out without it being obvious.
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Not an EW. Not by a LONGSHOT, love. In fact, I'd say you were considerably patient.

Also: Love the 80/20 rule. A former boss of mine clued me in to this facinating concept years ago. It's proven itself time and time again.
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Jeepers Creepers! It took LESS time to cancel my order and get a refund (The money is in my account!) than it took for them to give me any kind of response...
          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

No worries, rads. Calm, collected, and professional you were. You handled it like a classy lady

I'm sorry this happened to you.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I know this is way off topic, but iradney your avatar is scary
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                Good luck getting that refund. I had a company I ordered from online take forever to ship, to the point where I requested a refund. They promised one, and took some pestering before I finally got it. Then the package they'd promised arrived anyway.
                Don't bet on that being the company's fault. I've had banking systems that decided that refunds my company has given should take 2 weeks or more before showing up on the customer's end. Very irritating.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                  Jeepers Creepers! It took LESS time to cancel my order and get a refund (The money is in my account!) than it took for them to give me any kind of response...
                  They probably have a lot of experience at refunding money, considering their treatment of you.
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                    sounds like they are weddingstorezillas
                    Etiquette Hell calls them "vendornistas"

At my cousin's wedding they had an oversized mailbox decorated to match their theme for people to put cards in. It was really cute.
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Off-topic, but I love Etiquette Hell.

I just feel bad because I'm not so good at polite sometimes.

Anyway. Glad you got a refund 'cause they sound beyond sucky!
                      "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                      "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                      Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                        Also: Love the 80/20 rule. A former boss of mine clued me in to this facinating concept years ago. It's proven itself time and time again.
                        Off topic, but you certainly have me curious. What's the 80/20 rule?
                        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                          Off topic, but you certainly have me curious. What's the 80/20 rule?
                          80% of your business comes from 20% of your customers.

... or revenues from products ...

... or problems from managers ...
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                            80% of your business comes from 20% of your customers.

... or revenues from products ...

... or problems from managers ...
                            What dalesys said. Funny thing is, the 20% that supply 80% of the revenue pretty much hum along nicely - they give us about 10% of problems. The 80% that supply 20% of the revenue are the ones that tend to have hissy fits. Rather amusing.

Quoth Mytical View Post
                            I know this is way off topic, but iradney your avatar is scary
                            Tis Hal sparks - look up "I love the nineties The forbidden dance" on youtube
                            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Funny thing.

Iradney once changed her avatar.

The board revolted. I'm serious. People complained. They reported it. All begged her.

She's likely the only member here, who is required to keep her avatar.
                              Military Spouse Support.
                              http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                              Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                                What dalesys said. Funny thing is, the 20% that supply 80% of the revenue pretty much hum along nicely - they give us about 10% of problems. The 80% that supply 20% of the revenue are the ones that tend to have hissy fits. Rather amusing.
                                To put it the CS way, it also holds that 20% of your customers cause 80% of your problems.

I really want your business, anyone's business. But I really don't want to spend my whole week deflecting all of your "emergencies" that are really minor and can be taken care of in-between actual emergencies.

Comment

Working...
                                X