This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I won't be IGNORED, Dan!

I do karaoke every Friday or so at a small bar attached to a restaurant in the area.

We have several regulars in the bar... some are just barflys who hang out for good conversation, others like myself are the karaoke regulars.

The fellow who owns the karaoke business - let's call him J - was the usual DJ for the last several months. Once in a while he'd have one of his employees - his brother or one of two girls - take his place if he had other bookings the same night.

Well, one of the regulars is a pretty but sort of creepy girl we'll call G.

Right off the bat, it's obvious G is pretty religious. She almost always wears a t-shirt with something about God on it. She has brought a bible into the bar. She sometimes brings her laptop and writes out her thoughts which seem to involve spirits or the hand of God guiding her.

I'm no fan of religion, but if people don't shove it in my face, I don't care who they worship. In that sense, G is okay because she's never preached or forced her religion on anyone. It's just a little weird to me that she brings a bible to a bar. She did ask me to read a couple of stories she wrote about occurences where she felt like a spirit was guiding her. It was a little weird, but I try to keep an open mind when it comes to ghosts and spirits and such.

ANYWAY

That's not even the bizarre part.

It seems that G has become enamored with J. When he first started DJing karaoke night last year, he would bring his girlfriend sometimes. They broke up when she moved and since J is on Facebook, that stuff is pretty much public knowledge.

Well, G took that as a sign to start texting J. He showed me and the bartenders and a couple of the regulars the messages he was getting from her. Stuff to the effect of:

"I'm saving myself for marriage but I hope I find someone soon because I love the smell of a man and I want to make him happy."

J also had a couple of kids from a previous marriage. I forget if it was in a text or on Facebook but G was going on about how much she loved his kids and they were so beautiful and she wished that she had one of them because there was a part of J inside them.

The creepy texting was bad enough, but when she started talking about the guy's kids, that's frigging terrifying.

She also seems to get pissed off when J isn't there. Which has actually been quite often over the last couple of months. He's personally DJed maybe once in the last 8 weeks and if it's because of G's creepiness, I can't say I blame him. Most of the songs she sings seem to be directed to J, too. Like Jefferson Airplane's "Don't You Want Somebody to Love". I know there's a bunch of other examples, but I can't think of them off the top of my head. I'll have to PM one of the other karaoke singers.

It's a shame because she's a nice enough girl in most respects, but DAMN. Take a hint. The guy's pretty obviously creeped out. Leave the dude alone.

if he hasn't specifically told her "Stop texting me. I don't want to associate with you," he may want to consider doing that...

sometimes some people are clueless.

Comment

"I'm saving myself for marriage but I hope I find someone soon because I love the smell of a man and I want to make him happy."
      This part creeps me out worse than the kids thing. It just sounds....strange...not the sort of thing you put in a text or an email.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        This part creeps me out worse than the kids thing. It just sounds....strange...not the sort of thing you put in a text or an email.

I wish I could remember the other texts she had sent him. But they're pretty much all along those lines.

Bah... haven't heard back from my karaoke friend yet. Hopefully she'll message me later.

Comment

Take her camping for a weekend, to a place with no showers. She'll be fed up with the smell of a man soon enough...
          You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Quoth Canarr View Post
            Take her camping for a weekend, to a place with no showers. She'll be fed up with the smell of a man soon enough...
            Flynn Ryder--"You smell that? Take a deep breath through the nose. [inhales] Really let that seep in. What are you getting? Because to me, that's part man-smell, and the other part is really bad man-smell. I don't know why, but overall it just smells like the color brown."
            *~*THIS SIG HAS BEEN PASSED DOWN THE ARMSTRONG LINE FOR GENERATIONS!*~*

It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.-Elijah Snow

Comment

Quoth Duelist925 View Post
              Flynn Ryder--"You smell that? Take a deep breath through the nose. [inhales] Really let that seep in. What are you getting? Because to me, that's part man-smell, and the other part is really bad man-smell. I don't know why, but overall it just smells like the color brown."
              OT, but that's such a great movie.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Sounds to me like she risks ending up like this...

http://suicideforhire.comicgenesis.com/d/20050914.html

DISCLAIMER: While this particular page is perfectly safe for work, the same cannot be guaranteed for the rest of the comic's content/themes, so please be aware if you decide to read more
                Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                X