Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of Mine, Plus Something with my Girlfriend.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of Mine, Plus Something with my Girlfriend.

But she doesn't go on Customer's Suck ad I am free to tell you people about it.

First my Girlfriend's story. Me and my girlfriend frequently go on Gaiaonline.com and when the Gaia Cash cards finally arrived in Canada we were trilled. Recently my girlfriend went to Shoppers to get her very first Gaia card. Not I had confirmed that The Shoppers where I lived generally had them and that I have found that in every one I had gone into to spelunk with my mom for deals of sweet chocolate (which my mother insists is a food group)

Either way. With no luck on finding them (through to be noted that my girlfriend isn't always the greatest spelunker and I'm the one who can usually find things xD I'm good luck on shopping trips apparently), so she goes up the the Cashier and asked for some help on finding the card. The Cashier looked at her and then said "Well since I've never seen that then they must not be sold here" Far be it for her to help my girlfriend or dare I say it, Ask a Manager that might no. She basically was like 'Since I haven't seen it and would probably have never gone out of my way to look for one, they don't exist and are all a figment of your imagination'

It annoys me when people do this as I've been able to find 'Non-Existent' products before when looking hard enough and I've also helped people who were trying to get said help and not getting any.

I understand that she was a cashier and through-fore does not have infinite knowledge of the store but If you don't know, don't brush off a customer. Ask and see if a manager can help.

Now for my story. When I worked in retail for a bit I would ask questions when I didn't know what to do, which was a little embarrassing as I was suppose to be getting trained as an assistant manager and the manager would check in, fluff off for the entire day and maybe come back a half an hour after closing if we were lucky. And What's worse is none of my co-workers or I had the ability to lock up. Either way I work there for a while and on Sunday I phone up work and say "Hey when am I scheduled to come on for work?"

My co-worker replied "Let me check....Oh you not scheduled"

In turn I say "Really? That's weird... I'll come by to see what's up"

It took a week or two to finally get an answer and apparently my Manager decided to throw my ass on the fire and say that I was harassing the Regional Manager and got me fired. All I did was ask a few questions as I didn't realize he was the Regional Manager, I just thought he as a manager.

What I asked was why is took him a while to get there and He informed me of his position and that he didn't have to help out there and I backed down with an apology and a fair enough. I didn't bug him at all unless I needed some help but he had no problem with that as he was the one who hired me and knew I was suppose to be learning.

Either way she had apparently ranted to one of my co-workers (The one who ended up getting the position of Assistant Manager after the bitch fired me through she didn't know the full story and we had became friends but she was also in desperate need of money and even a dollar raise was a big thing) that because of what I 'did' she was tempted not to give me my check.

That's when I called bullshit and made is my mission to come to the store everyday until I got my money. Oooh The woman knew I was not a happy camper and when i got my check and cashed it, I went right back to get the Christmas gifts I put on hold. I'm sure my look was very deadly when I paid for my items, which she gave me she discount for what the items were marked down to (Naturally) and the employee discount.

When I saw my friend again a little bit after I found out that the manager and her sister (who was the manager at another location) were stealing a lot of merchandise from the store and were getting in a lot of shit from the company and the company was making is so that they would have a very hard time working in the industry ever again.

It sucks through as I have no doubt that my ass got charred as a distraction from the wench stealing merchandise, though I'm glad she didn't nick what I had sent aside for my sister as I went out of my way to get her size and to keep people's big mouths shut about what I a bought her (Baggy pants with a bunch of chains and such) and the pants weren't at that location for long so their would have been hell to pay if they were gone (Though one of the shirts I put on hold was gone but it wasn't one of my major gifts so no tears were shed) as It was the only thing i knew my sister wanted that I could afford and it was Christmas dammit And because of the bitch I had to do my Christmas shopping, A day or two before Christmas.

Even before this I generally gave store employee slack before/near Christmas/Boxing day but this increased it as Oh my God! People were insane and I was not taught dick all except how to work the cash register. A guy came in wanting a gift card and I did my best to help him but I also warned him that I was new and didn't know much. By the end of dealing with him I had to get a co-worker to help me then I dealt with the next woman in line who was pleasant and she bought a lot and had a nice necklace and best of all. Cut me slack.

If i hadn't warned the guy maybe I'd understand the SC attitude but I told him and was trying to figure it out while someone else worked the other til and the guy I eventually got to help me was cleaning up ruined displays.

Gah! Event though it was a while back, I still remember the epic BS but I should be glad I wasn't fired for reasos of me being the one who was stealing or something like that

Quoth YumeIshimaru View Post
    Cashier looked at her and then said "Well since I've never seen that then they must not be sold here" Far be it for her to help my girlfriend or dare I say it, Ask a Manager that might no. She basically was like 'Since I haven't seen it and would probably have never gone out of my way to look for one, they don't exist and are all a figment of your imagination'
    So much of this involves tone. Had the cashier worded this differently and had an attitude that didn't feel like a brush-off, your girlfriend probably would've been more forgiving.

Stock changes. Constantly. When I worked at *big box retail*, I had a pretty good understanding of what we carried up front. If the store hadn't been carrying any online cards previously and they weren't in the nearby racks, then I could safely say we didn't have them. Had you been asking for a random car doohickey of which I had no knowledge, I would ask.

Know how many times people asked for prepaid Amex/Visa gift cards and didn't believe me when I said we didn't have them? "But I saaaaaw ads that said *big box retail* haaaaas them!" Followed by, "Can you ask someone?!" The ads came out a year before our store had the cards.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
    X