Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Um..if whoever is cooking would pay attention...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Um..if whoever is cooking would pay attention...

Today is the husband's birthday. Last night I took him to IHOP so he could get his birthday meal (rooty tooty fresh n fruity) and I decided to try one of their omlettes (steak omlette, sans green pepers and onions).

I will say this. I'm picky for a reason. Onions tend to upset my stomach. If they're onion rings, they don't bother me as much; I'm not sure why. Green peppers tend to give me green pepper tasting burps, so I avoid them as much as possible.

The husband gets his food and all is good. However, I get my omlette with green peppers the first go around. So the waiter takes it back (he caught it before I said anything, so kudos to him), and I dug into my pancakes and toast.

The second go around a few minutes later, there are onions, but no green peppers. I didn't catch the onions right away, but I did smell them. We couldn't catch our waiter, but we did catch a waitress who looked at it and kind of had that "well, I don't see a problem" tone in her voice, but took it away, to which the waiter came back and I said we'd like to see a manager.

I made it very clear that it was not the waiters fault. Whoever was making the omlette was not paying attention. He got a nice tip, and I caught the waiter on the way out and told him again, and said it loud enough for the owner to hear that it wasn't his fault, someone was not paying attention in the kitchen. If looks could have killed, I'd have been dead from the dirty one the owner shot me.

The omlette was taken off, I paid for my toast and the drinks, and the waiter got a very nice tip.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
    I will say this. I'm picky for a reason. Onions tend to upset my stomach. If they're onion rings, they don't bother me as much; I'm not sure why. Green peppers tend to give me green pepper tasting burps, so I avoid them as much as possible.
    <OT>
    I have a friend with something like this. He can't eat green peppers at all, and he can only have onions if they're cooked down or caramelized. It's something about the acidity of the food not sitting well. Maybe that's why you're good with the very cooked fried rings but the sauteed onions upset you. Dunno if that helps any.
    </OT>

Hah, I'm guessing the owner was trying to pin the mistake on the waiter? Kudos for trying to set him straight.

Comment

I had that once... I ordered a garden omelet from our nearest IHOP once. Got... A spinach and mushroom? It was still good, and the exact same price(And hey, I tried something new!), but we could hear the waitress tear into the cook from our seats
      Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

and very well done on your part for stating that the sever was not to blame for the cook's mistakes.

and the manager sounds like a jerk, though at least he didn't try charging you for his cook's continual mistakes

Comment

Well done!!

Sadly, there are sooooo many people who blame waitstaff when something like this happens. The service could go absolutely perfectly and then the kitchen goes and screws up and, guess what? Crappy or no tip.

Used to drive me nuts.

You did everything absolutely perfectly. Kudos to you. That manager seems like a jerk. I feel badly for the waiter having to work there.
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Thanks

I didn't feel the waiter deserved to be stiffed since he really did try to get it right for me. He also got kudos for finding me too when I came in. The lot was really slushy from the snow the day before and it took me a few minutes to come in because of that.

We just figured how much the bill would have been had we paid for hubby's meal and mine and the drinks. Actually I think we gave him well over 20%.
            Random conversation:
            Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
            DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

BTW... Happy birthday

Comment

Mistakes happen to the best of us from time to time, but when it takes three or more tries to get the order right, then something's wrong. Someone either isn't paying attention or just doesn't give a shit. Although it's usually fast food where I see this happen. I've never been to a sit-down restaurant where they screwed up the same order more than once.
                Sometimes life is altered.
                Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                Uneasy with confrontation.
                Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                X