This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was nice while it lasted......not really, though

I left the Warehouse in the middle of this June because I was fed up with all the bullshit that management was throwing not only the bakery's way but everywhere else in the store as well. I was not the first person to leave back there but I sure wasn't the last, a fact that I let "slip" when I told my direct manager that I was done with the store, the managers, and the crap that kept pilling up. The look on said manager's face was that of a smug bastard, but I wish I had been a fly on the wall when two more cake decorators left [including Lily], a bakery wrapper, two meat department guys left without notice, another two put in their two week notice, and several other people left since I left a little over a month ago.

It's so bad in the Warehouse that corporate has really taken a notice now, not that they haven't but it's really bad at this point.

I gave the newest SM a chance, because not only was he coming into the store on the heels of someone that pretty much holed themselves in their office but he needed to light a few fires under certain departments behinds to get things to where they used to be. I was more than willing to make changes to the way I did things, was willing to work around a different schedule, and was still willing to cross train in certain areas so that I could help out in the area's that needed it. I didn't offer after I, and several others, were told that our pay rate wouldn't go up and that everyone would be forced to learn everything in the store regardless if we had piles of stuff to do or not.

Even my direct manager was at the point where they were giving us all attitude and told me to my face that I wasn't a hard worker, didn't do my job, could barely keep up with what management wanted me to do, and said I was often unable to complete everything. I did tell them, a week or so before I quit and when I was told the above sentence, that if I wasn't performing as well as they wanted me to, that they could just fire me right then and there so they didn't have to deal with me. Said manager backpedaled so fast, I almost laughed at them.

Right now I've got orientation for a different chain store that while they don't have a lot of the same benefits as the Warehouse did, I will be making about .50 cents more an hour, will be part time starting at 32 hours a week [full time hours are 35 and above], and won't have a lot of worry about things.
    Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

What an impossible mess. It's a good thing you're gone and may your next job be nowhere near as toxic.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
      What an impossible mess. It's a good thing you're gone and may your next job be nowhere near as toxic.
      I hope so, I did get some good vibes from the few times I've had to do the interview and the orientation today plus a few people I know who did work for this company has had nothing but positive things to say.

Official start date is this coming Tuesday.
      Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Working...
      X