X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought Myself A "New" Car

Well, new to me, anyway.

I didn't need another car, but at knock-down pricing, I couldn't say "no" to this high-mileage but good-shape beauty...

Time to go scare the kids in the neighborhood.

(Yes, that is an old police car)
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

I was just wondering today if you were OK, as long as it's been since we've seen you!
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
      I was just wondering today if you were OK, as long as it's been since we've seen you!
      Five words : Dental Work is a Bitch

(But I got myself a new crown to go along with the Crown Vic! )

Comment

"It's got a cop motor, a 440-cubic-inch plant. It's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks."

And driving that thing around on the highway will pretty much be like parting the Red Sea.

B
        "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
        I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

I use to be a part time driver of a silver Crown Vic, and later a silver Dodge Charger (in Ohio). In both cases, I saw a lot of brake lights on the highway

Loved the Charger, but my late Wife's grandmother 'gently rolled it over, off the side of a country road, and replaced it with a Ford (con)Fusion.
          Last edited by drunkenwildmage; 07-31-2019, 03:18 AM. Reason: I'm an Idiot. :)
          Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

*brake lights

(Sorry, that's one of my pet peeves. Also "bumber", and "truck" instead of "trunk".)
            “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
            One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
            The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

I see break lights all the time, on the cars of people I don't like when I have my baseball bat

People probably have caught on by now that the ol' Crown Vic is out of service as a front-line police cruiser, but, I probably will scare the occasional person who hasn't yet noticed the proliferation of the Explorer Police Utility yet.....

Comment

Well, the drive home was enlightening

Motorists who passed me very hesitantly : 10
                Motorists who refused to pass me even if I drove below the limit : 5
                Motorists who blew past me and then went full "BROWN ALERT" and slammed on brakes: 2
                Waves from complete strangers : 2

Comment

Working...
                X