Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You would genuinely like my uncle. He's got a nice old Frankentruck. '55 Dodge truck for most of it, a few pieces off a later version, and an '88 Oldsmobile engine. Of course, he knows damn good and well that if he wants certain parts, he's got to identify the vehicle that that part came from.
    The hard part is getting these younger generation guys who barely know how to run the computer to understand that yes, these pieces CAN be bolted together and work, and YES, they're on the same physical truck, but HELL NO will the computer be able to understand this. That's WHY he ordered brakes for a '55, distributor bits for a '57, and... "Duh?"

Comment

Just how annoyed do parts guys get if a customer walks in with the old part in a bag as a sample of what is needed? I do make sure I know the essentials of the car (make/model/year/engine), but am otherwise pretty clueless on car stuff, so if DH has to send me on a parts run, he sends the old part with me or a printout from the parts store's website.
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Buzzard View Post
        You would genuinely like my uncle. He's got a nice old Frankentruck. '55 Dodge truck for most of it, a few pieces off a later version, and an '88 Oldsmobile engine. ...
        That sounds like Johnny Cash's custom built car.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Back on subject, Can't sell guns on FB- unless your a lic dealer - that I am but still ate a 30day ban because they don't let you prove your following their rules.

Anyhow I just post a pic and says it's in my stock- Email me off FB and we can go from there.

1- FB- tell me I should turn on the selling feature to help- yea no, not today ISIS
          2- then some dummy starts in with how much an stuff in comments even after I warn them I can't say.
          AkaiKitsune
          Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
            2- then some dummy starts in with how much an stuff in comments even after I warn them I can't say.
            "For you, ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS!!

... or you can email me like I told you to do."
            “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
            One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
            The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
              Just how annoyed do parts guys get if a customer walks in with the old part in a bag as a sample of what is needed? I do make sure I know the essentials of the car (make/model/year/engine), but am otherwise pretty clueless on car stuff, so if DH has to send me on a parts run, he sends the old part with me or a printout from the parts store's website.
              I prefer you bring in the old part. That way we are both sure that the new one is correct.
              I can't count how many times they "customer" that can barely articulate what they need makes the pronouncement that the part I bring him or her s not the right one.
              I have had people looking at my screen want to pick their part based on a price they see without noticing that the price is for a completely different part. They feel that they have caught me scamming them.
              I have others that after asking them many questions, year, make, model, engine, transmission, 2 or 4 wheel drive and such will then ask if the part I just pulled off the shelf is for their car. "That's for my Cadillac, right?" No, I just asked all that for fun and then got you a random part off the shelf.

Comment

Working...
              X