This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New job and a nice sendoff!

So for a variety of reasons, I've handed in my notice at my existing job and finish next Friday. But before I did that, two glorious things happened.

- We'd be waiting to hear back from the medical board about whether our bridging program was allowed to continue running. Well, they came back today with the news: we're approved. Given that I had a MASSIVE emotional investment in this, that was one bit of great news to see me off.

- On Monday, I went for an interview with a private hospital for an administration role. It is backend though, so not a lot of dealing with the general public. Interview went fairly smoothly, but I underestimated how smoothly until about 20 minutes after the interview when I get a phone call - they offered me the job right then and there (pending reference checks) . The role itself is both different to what I've done previously but at the same time, has some things I've done before - it's basically taking minutes for the various committees in the hospital (barring the board), collating agendas/briefs etc. and then afterwards following up with action items to ensure that they get done. They were VERY upfront with me from the get-go about everything except the pay, but I did some digging and found out that I'll be getting slightly more than what I earn now anyway.

Congrats!
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Comment

Ending one job on a triumphant note, and parleying that into a better paying spot in a perhaps better location. Not bad, but you're short the sunglasses and explosions in the background, so I can only rate a 7.2. *Ducks thrown objects from fellow judges* My bad, 7.8.

Comment

Double Congrats!

It is always good to exit on a high note.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Hooray! Go you!

Comment

Working...
          X