Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 Christmas Card Exchange: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year! Tallies are closed...thanks everyone!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
    I'm having trouble finding inspiration for my cards this year... but fear not, I shall get them out in time... one way or another.
    Didn't you say the same thing last year?

I haven't dug out my cards yet. (Have to find a shovel first.)
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• I bought cards. Now I have to find time to sit down and write them all out.
      At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

• Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        Didn't you say the same thing last year?
        This year I have the added challenge that my primary computer has been turned into a brick and my backup computer is... well... kinda worthless, so I need to find inspiration that will work with a subpar computer to work with. I know none of my cards have exactly been professional level, but still.
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

• Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
          This year I have the added challenge that my primary computer has been turned into a brick and my backup computer is... well... kinda worthless, so I need to find inspiration that will work with a subpar computer to work with. I know none of my cards have exactly been professional level, but still.
          Construction paper and crayons?

One year I made my cards with a pad of paper (which, folded in half, fit perfectly in a standard small envelope), a pair of pinking shears (to make the edge a little bit fancy) and foam stickers from the craft store. Considering my lack of artistic talent, they came out pretty good.

Comment

• Quoth mathnerd View Post
            I bought cards. Now I have to find time to sit down and write them all out.
            I buy mine right after Christmas, so I already have them ready for next year (and I can also get them for at least half price.)

Mine are ready to go out (took care of mine last weekend) but will get them to the post office by the end of this week.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• 'Tis the season to be glittery, tra la la, etc.

I received KuariKaydrith's lovely glitter laden card today.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                'Tis the season to be glittery, tra la la, etc.

I received KuariKaydrith's lovely glitter laden card today.
                Hmmmm, maybe I should go out and buy some glitter....
                At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

• Quoth mathnerd View Post
                  Hmmmm, maybe I should go out and buy some glitter....
                  The glitter I received was standard on the card, not added.

And just in case I get added glitter from you, well ... I haven't mailed my cards yet.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Today I got a card from Monica and a sheet of glitter from KuariKaydrith.

EricKei...I know you had to back out, but I suggest you up your glitter game next year. KuariKaydrith is here to compete!

Comment

• I just sent out those with non-US addys. The rest will go out this week.
                      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

• started and finished mine at work on thanksgiving(OT+Holiday pay!), now to get a day off to mail them!
                        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

• I have cards on my chair, address list on my table, and stamps on my bookshelf. Now to combine them all together.

Comment

• Yay! People are getting my cards

Comment

• Yes, I got yours yesterday.
                              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

• I had every intention of writing out cards today but got distracted by my shiny new vacuum cleaner.

Cards aren't done, but my stairs are clean!

Comment

Working...
                                X