This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shiner help

Got in a fight with a tree branch last night. So needless to say I have a swollen eye and possibly turning into a black eye.
    What's the best way to help with the swelling and pain? Btw OTC NSAID's do nothing for me....

Soak a green tea bag (I'm sure other teas work as well) in warm water, then put it in the fridge till it gets cold. Or put ice on it till it's cold. Put it over your eye for a few minutes, and it should help with the swelling and some of the pain. I haven't had a black eye in a while, but it works really well on bruises, and it might even help with the coloring.
    Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
    http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Just like with any swelling, ice the thing.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Some swear by steak, but never had a black eye so don't know how good it is.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Raw steak was used as a cold compress before we had ice packs and ziploc baggies. While the coldness will work, the potential bacteria from the raw meat make it a questionable choice in modern times.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

I don't have any ice (or frozen veggies) but I went and picked up some green tea and I'm going to try that.
            Word of warning: 151 makes you do stupid shit.

Comment

Make sure you drink the tea too-- it's delicious and healthy for you!
              Taking vitamins help support the healing process throughout your body, as well as sleep. Getting a rag/towel wet, wringing it out, and letting it freeze a bit feels nice, and it's less awkward than ice. You can experiment with various 'wetnesses' to suit your preference.
              EDIT: this might help, but it's pretty much been said... http://www.webmd.com/eye-health/unde...-eye-treatment
              Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 07-25-2011, 12:29 AM.
              "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
              "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I put arnica on anything that I think is gonna bruise and it helps, but I've never used it anywhere on my face, much less near my eyes, so I don't know if it's OK to use there.
                The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

More importantly....

Who won the fight?
                  "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
                  Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

It's a toss between the tree and the boozeahol. Definitely not me though

Comment

Ohe more question which concerns me.
                      Situation as of now: swollen, sore but useable. Doesn't like bright light.
                      But the vision in that eye is blurry. Normal or something that needs to be taken care of?

Comment

When I got whacked, that was what happened... but if you can afford it, get it checked out. It is preventive care. It's probably due to the swelling. Keep something nice and cool on it.
                        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I've never had a proper black eye, but when my sister kicked me in the eye, I think it was a bit blurry like that for a little while. You might want to get it checked out regardless.
                          "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                          "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                          Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Working...
                          X