This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Countdown to the Big Race

So it’s 3 weeks until the big race and I swear the world is conspiring against me.......

Firstly, the weather: We have been experiencing the wettest winter in about 50years. This makes training outdoors difficult so I have not been doing as many long walks as I wanted too.

Secondly, about a month ago, I hurt my knee and had to take a week off training.

Then, just as I was getting back into training after my knee, I came down with a nasty cold (not flu) and was useless for nearly 2 weeks.

Lastly, I managed to be completely stupid on the weekend and sliced my hand open whilst cutting an orange. Granted it doesn’t stop me walking, but I can’t do any upper body weight work for a while.

A part of me thinks this is all telling me not to do it.

You know what I say? Fuck this Shit!!! I’m going to do the race and I will do it well!!

I have 3 weeks to get my training back on track. Even my doctor says I should have no trouble doing it. I hit the gym for my PT session last night and totally impressed my trainer with my focus and determination

Tonight is a 5km hill walk. I will alternate between the gym and walking and will try to add some cycling on the weekend (weather permitting)

My goal is to walk the 14km in under 3 hours. I’m hoping to be closer to 2.5hrs, but as long as I’m under 3, I will be happy. And yes, I will be posting my time once I get it.

"When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
    "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
    "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde
Working...
X