This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tempted to chop & dye

Talk me out of it! I'm just having a case of hair envy (though I get many compliments on mine). I'm up watching videos because I don't work tomorrow, and it seems the current fad is dark brunette, just past the shoulders, straight choppy layers, with bangs. It's hair that moves and I love it. What do I have? It's sunbleached, so it's currently light reddish brown, long (mid-back), and curly (think Julia Roberts' hair in Sleeping With the Enemy). I could have the style, but it would be work to straighten, and I do want to see if I can grow it to my tailbone. Darn cool people in music videos. >.<
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Don't do it! It sounds gorgeous as it is

I'm on a similar mission, I always had short hair as a kid, now I'm determined to see how long it gets. My fringe is getting chopped again though, keep trying to grow it out & it starts annoying me
    Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Why do what everybody else is doing? You want hair to the asscheeks, so roll with it!

Comment

I'm the opposite actually As a kid, I always had super long hair that I refused to cut. Seriously, I would bawl my eyes out whenever I had to get a trim. Then, I wanted my hair to be shorter and shorter and shorter until I got hit on by 3 lesbians in one day. That made me think, "mayybe it's too short". Now it's a few inches past my sholders and I'm happy with it
        Answers: $1
        Correct Answers: $2
        Answers that require thought: $5
        Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

I'm the wrong person to comment here - I regularly grow my hair long, get sick of it, and then chop it all off to a pixie cut (giving many a hairdresser a heart attack). I can't tell you how many times they ask me "Are you sure? ARE YOU SURE?"
          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

eat lots of protein-- after all, hair is 'dead protein.'
            EDIT: you'll cry if you get it chopped! I did! Don't look like dumbBella Swan!
            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I'm tempted to say "do eeeeett!" just because I'm curious to see the results.

But it's your hair. At least you can do stuff with it, unlike me.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Fads come and go. If you do go along with this it will take a VERY long time to grow back.

I vote "don't do it".
                Quote Dalesys:
                ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Same boat here....main reason I haven't hacked it off yet is I havent paid for a cut in a year (I do my trims and layers), and I hate going for the short hair upkeep cuts
                  "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                  "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

You can get long hair that moves, I've done it. I can't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure that's also exactly what I asked for when I was at the salon.
                    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

seems the current fad is dark brunette, just past the shoulders, straight choppy layers, with bangs. It's hair that moves
                      Holy sh*t, I'm in style??

Well, not completely, because my hair is currently a dark reddish-brown, but still...that's the closest I've ever come
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

print out pictures of the hair style, take those with you to the salon, explain that you like this style, but don't want to go that short as you like your length (or are scared to cut) and you would like something SIMILAR but that would work with your hair (and how long it is)

a good stylist will be able to work with you - they may hand you another couple of magazines and point out pics similar to what you are asking for; you can also ask them to show you examples of what they have in mind to achieve what you are asking for
                        I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

That's generally good advice, but I would just do it myself. I'm just balking at cutting bangs. I think at this point I realize I don't want to lose length. So, long, dark straightened layers and bangs for the fall? But I always end up missing my curls.

Comment

How long does it take to straighten your hair? Is it a daily thing? Curls are very cool...

As sorta-insprired from this thread, I think I'll also keep my length....but I might cut more layers No bangs, I cannot pull off bangs
                            "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                            "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

If I start with wet hair, I can have it blowdried in 10-15 minutes. (It's like a sponge and absolutely soaks up water). After that, it has to be flat-ironed, and again the next day. It still will not ever go poker-straight.

Comment

Working...
                              X