Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're not the only one. I came back from lunch break one day (this was when I had my little Honda Civic) and accidentally locked my keys in the car (along with my purse and cellphone). I called over security and then had them dial my supervisor's extension to let him know that I was gonna come back in late from lunch because of the bind I got myself into. A couple of the guys from security had to use a crowbar to bend the top part of the front passenger door to unlock the car (I wasn't gonna have my window smashed in and also I didn't have AAA and nobody had a coat hanger or jimmy). I sheepishly asked SO to bend back the "batwing" on the top of my front passenger door for me after I got home from work.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I've done that before, thankfully it was at a craft store and I had left the sunroof cracked open. I think the folks at the service desk laughed their heads off at the sight of me perched upon the roof of my car (black and in Fort Lauderdale in the middle of the afternoon - my poor burnt knees) trying to whack the auto unlock with two dowel rods taped together.

Least one of the security guys commended me for my creativity once I got it open. XD
      Okay everyone, lets all point and laugh at him right about....

Now.

Comment

One thing I love about Hondas that I wish more carmakers would do (do you hear me, Chevrolet?): If your keys are in the ignition, the driver's side door Will Not Lock. Period. Yes, you can still lock your keys in the car, but you can't do it while they are in the ignition. Pretty damn cool feature, if you ask me.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

^That's helped my mom out a few times.
          "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
          "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
          Amayis is my wifey

Comment

I actually cannot do that. Locking the keys in my car, I mean. Mine is a 2002 Honda, and the driver's side door has only two ways to lock it. One is to be inside the car and press the lock button on the door (opening the door pops the lock). The other requires you to physically stick the key in the door and lock it. Manual, no electronic locking here.

So, yeah, at least with my current vehicle, I submit that I am the 3rd type of person:
            Those who completely lack the ability to lock the keys in the car.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              One thing I love about Hondas that I wish more carmakers would do (do you hear me, Chevrolet?): If your keys are in the ignition, the driver's side door Will Not Lock. Period. Yes, you can still lock your keys in the car, but you can't do it while they are in the ignition. Pretty damn cool feature, if you ask me.
              I have a Chevy Silverado and the drivers door cannot be locked if the keys are in the ignition and in park (they lock when going over 8mph). You might be able to using a separate key from the outside, but I've never tried that.

Comment

In my lumina, I can lock my keys in the car easy, at some point the beepy noise doesn't happen-- but I can't pop open the trunk if the engine is running.
                Handy, since the interior button is around knee level for some people.
                "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I can't lock the driver door with the keys in the ignition on my 96 camry, either. I've never locked my keys in the car, but I have seen my mom do it.. We were at home with the car running planning on running in to grab something and leave again and mom locked the car without really thinking. Little bro and I had to break in by the back window, pulling the screen off and prying the window open with a pocket knife. Thank goodness I'd forgotten to lock it.. Anyway crawled in through the window and got the spare keys so we could get back in the car, and learned a lesson on how come we lock the windows (took us inexperienced kids three minutes flat to get in)
                  "If looks could really kill, my occupation would be staring" Brand New - I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light

Comment

Yeah, it happens to all of us I had that happen on my friends car. The only upside was that the windows had been broken out a week earlier (yeah, not a huge upside) and the new one was installed wrong (another big irritaion) which meant that the top back corner was actually sticking out a little from the frame which meant getting a coat hanger in was super easy
                    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

*points and laughs* Ok, I am just kidding.. I have locked my keys in my car a couple of times.. Don't worry, we've all done it.
                      http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

Working...
                      X