This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple pet peeves

#1 - I know I should quit smoking. I know you think I should quit smoking. I know that YOU know that I'm sick (chest infection, just had a week off for it).
    Stop making snide "funny" (ie: not) comments about smoking or that I'm coughing my lungs out because I'm a smoker. It wasn't funny the first time & it's not funny the millionth time - and it's not just one person that does this.

#2 - We just had election day (last weekend). Thankfully as I was off (holiday + sick leave = 2 weeks off work) during the big build-up, because a few days into the week & I'm already sick to death of people talking politics & policies in the workplace. Am I the only one who still believes in the "3 things you don't talk about at work" rule??
    And not just that; people making comments during conversation like "You must've voted for $Party" followed by usually unrelated comments. NOT COOL. I'm half-waiting for someone to try that on me so I can rip them a new one.
    Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
    What's the difference?
    We're allowed to tell you "no".

Quoth rose_metal_nz View Post
    #1 - I know I should quit smoking. I know you think I should quit smoking. I know that YOU know that I'm sick (chest infection, just had a week off for it).
    Stop making snide "funny" (ie: not) comments about smoking or that I'm coughing my lungs out because I'm a smoker. It wasn't funny the first time & it's not funny the millionth time - and it's not just one person that does this.
    It's even better when you're actually too sick to smoke and they make the same comments, listen I haven't had a cigarette in a week because I have walking pneumonia*, ENOUGH ALREADY! I'm about to make myself suffer through a cigarette lest I give in to the overwhelming urge to throttle the nearest living being!

*I do not currently have any illnesses, however I have had pneumonia, been unable to smoke, cleared to return to work, and still gotten crap for coughing.
    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
      It's even better when you're actually too sick to smoke and they make the same comments
      Yeah, that's the irony of it - I can hardly smoke at all!! But I've given up telling people that. Doesn't seem to change their minds
      Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
      What's the difference?
      We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Working...
      X