X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting Off Your Head

To spite your eyes.

I know, I took an old saying and made it different. It makes no sense, because this makes no sense.

Shift Leading: You're doing it wrong!

Crazy Lady and Bf's Lead (two different women two different shifts) are a lot alike in many ways. Both are of the....choleric (thanks, Kristev, for that word) personality, or should I say, disorder. Neither listen to logic, neither listen to suggestions, anything of reason goes right over their head, all they ever hear is production, production, production.

And in the name of production in the backwards shift lead way of doing things, if you happen to have a more useless worker who, say, talks too much.....what do you do?

No, no. Don't say tell them to get to work, or anything like that. Nope. Not backwards enough.

You send the person they are talking TO away to a different area to work, or on break so that they can't talk to them anymore. Even though if you put anyone else nearby them, it'll be the same thing over and over again.

If you happen to come across your better workers, who are laughing and chatting while working, trying to get through the day.......why, the best idea is to stop. Stop, stare right at one or both of them, and either keep staring until they get uncomfortable and stop talking, or eavesdrop until they don't feel comfortable talking around you anymore. After a long time and people are used to it and try to ignore you, you keep doing it anyway and start hounding them to work faster.

Say you have workers who weren't trained very well or aren't as up to speed as a good one should be. You give them all the easy work, and if they get stuck, you move them, so a better worker will do it for them, while they mess up whatever the other person had to abandon doing, and so on and so on until nothing is running properly.

I am not ready for yet another week of this rinse, lather, repeat.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth
Working...
X