This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ... ... ... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

1. I'm about an hour out from finishing a 90 hour, 10 day week.

2. Coworker is sick.

3. Coworker had 4 days off this week (scheduling oddity).

4. We have a 600 piece shipment to go out Tuesday.

5. Our shipper failed to put in the order for 600 document pouches. They'll be here at 4PM Tuesday. Sick Coworker had to haul himself up out of his sickbed to drive 45 minutes to the ONLY open <Shipper's Store> to pick up the 100 they had in stock.

6. We have a tasting going on right now.

7. Said tasting is about 10 people over limit - and we're short a staff member, so no extra hands to pour wine. And I have to miss listening to my favourite distributor.

8. We're MAD busy today.

9. The warehouse has been packed in interesting ways so as to maximize the space for the 600 packages.

10. I'm the only one who fits between two of the stacks - where most of our major wines are kept.

11. Boss threw his back out last weekend. He can't pick up any cases.

12. <Shipper> also fucked up an Express pickup with a bunch of important wines relating to Tuesday's shipment. Basically, a bunch of Kosher wines had to go out to The Neck of LI so they could pick which ones were going in the Kosher packages - and somehow waited till NOW to tell us they wanted different ones from last year...

13. On Thursday, I had to drive deliveries to NYC (2.5-3 hours), PLUS out to LI for the Kosher wines that <Shipper> fouled up. Started work at 1030AM, didn't get home till 1AM Friday.

14. I just put the last chunk of singles in the drawer. There are no more in the store. And the bank isn't open on Sunday.

ETA: Oh, and our ID reader is down for the count. So we're having to validate all ID's by hand. During the holiday season. When the cops like to sting.

Kill me. Or soak me in booze and set me on fire. I can be a holiday decoration! Flaming Retail Worker!
    Last edited by KiaKat; 12-10-2011, 11:15 PM.

Super hugs and some dark chocolate to perk you up. Oh, hey, why not, have a good quiet dinner too.
    when you get home, don't be mad at yourself if you sleep more than 12 hours. With what this week has been? Shiiiiii...I'd be sleeping 18 hrs without assistance.
    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Damn. That's all I can really say. And give you cookies. Lots and lots of cookies.
      The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

... Calls the Forest Service for an emergency fry suppression drop of Prozac...
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

ahhah. I went drinking tonight.

Ran into Major Customer.

Schmoozed Major Customer.

Now Major Customer wants me to handle all his purchases.

I rawk.

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
            Now Major Customer wants me to handle all his purchases.

I rawk.
            The reward for doing a job well is more work. The benefit comes when it's a job you love.

Nifty!

Rapscallion

Comment

I could never keep up.
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

KiaKat is just awesomesauce that way. Somehow she's able to keep up in the most hectic of circumstances (unlike we normals down here). And she manages to look great and be all peppy doing so. I mean, she schmoozed Big Client while tipsy. I'm pretty sure for most of us, we couldn't "keep up", either

She got mad skills, yo.

Comment

Working...
                X